HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread
Old 11-04-2007, 07:40 AM
shawneeslinger
Fork Horn

Default RE: 3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread

Just thought I'd add another comment. This morning I was getting the kids ready for church and happened to look out the front window. I saw two does in the pasture across the road and they were headed right for our mail box.

Then I looked at the tree line behind them, and out steps this really nice 8pt that I see almost every evening. Not huge, probably 120 ish. I was beginning to think that was too humorous NOT to happen. After investing a billion dollars in hunting stuff, the irony of it all would certainly fit my life.

I started imagining me in the front yard, suit and tie and all, wacking a deer, while running daddy daycare two hours before I had to preach.

Well, it never materialized, 80 yards was as close as he got. But wouldn't that have been funny.

2 days down. Mommy will be back late Tuesday Night. An entire week of deer camp just 7 days away. If I survive the kids, or better yet, they survive me; this will be the best year of deer camp ever.

Put 'em down.
jeff