Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread >

3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread

Hey Team,
Just wanted to sign off for a week or so. I'll be out at the farm, deep in the Shawnee Forest for the next week. No phones, no cable, and certainly no internet. I'll be bow hunting till Friday, at which point me and the old muzzleloader will be out at it for the remainder of the week.

I sure hope somebody puts us on the scoreboard. Be safe and good hunting.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:57 AM

well guys no luck yet i am heading to the farm tonight. i hope them big bucks come down my side of the creek tonight
Old 11-12-2007, 08:19 AM
Typical Buck

I saw a total of 4 deer saturday. The only for sure buck was about 150 yards out. I didnt get out sunday due to rain and shopping for baby stuff.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:55 AM

well guys no luck yet. this weekend is youth gun so not sure if im going out or not. i might try a new farm sunday evening.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:37 AM

I am still at it hard next week is gun season
Old 11-26-2007, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey team, just checking in.
It's been a strange rut for me. I have given many small bucks a pass, one thatI kind of regret (a big 6), but oh well.
The one shooter that came by, a tall, narrow 10 pt, was on HIGH alert. He was literally crouched like a bobcat as he passed by. I stopped him at 30 yards, and he barely ducked my shot, right over his back!
Never saw any bucks chasing, just wandering around like dummies!
Lots of fun though regardless. I'm still getting familiar with a new parcel, bouncing around with the climber on my back, I'm exhausted!!

Anyways, good luck to all, we need some bone!!

Old 11-27-2007, 04:34 AM

well no luck did see 6 does all alone saturday night no shot tho. i got the old smoke pole out now heading down by the ohio river to a friends farm. might bow hunt around here when i get back.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

Much like SUperRedHawk, the rut in S. IL has been weird. My week off was pretty much a waste. Weather was horrible for hunting deer for the most part. With gun season at the end of the week, the orange army was in full force on the National Forest. Thought that would help us, but didn't. I went from seeing 30 deer per hunt on a greenfield to seeing 2 deer in a whole week cross a greenfield. 3 cameras captured a total of 3 pictures!!!! Long story short, I will try Thursday and Friday this week during the 2nd gun season. Give the farm a few weeks rest and then hope it gets cold so I can bowhunt the food plots with maybe a little luck.

We sure could use a deer or two on the scoreboard. I'm doing my best, just doesn't seem to be good enough this year.

Stay Safe.
jeff
Old 11-28-2007, 06:17 AM
Typical Buck

Well two of the big bucks I was chasing got whacked by the shotgunners, 194" 16 pointer and a 178" 10 pointer.............I saw a 150" 10 pointer that was all shot up, they shot his bottom jaw off, I tried to get him but his is wary, But there is no hope for him..They really hit them hard here, I am seeing way less deer and we have another gun season and muzzleloader season, I am off to Kansas to hunt for a couple of weeks..Good luck to everyone.....
Old 11-30-2007, 06:14 AM

well monday its back to bow. i did take a nice doe with my smoke pole might get another one this weekend im saving my buck tag for bow hunting

Quick Reply: 3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.