Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread >

3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread

Okay team, I have some kinda good news. The buck that I posted about earlier from last year made it through and has not been affected by blue tongue. The good thing is I have pictures of him from my camera and he has gotten bigger. I have talked to a few of my buddies about him and we have all agreed that Bullwinkle will be pushing the 165" mark hard. The badnews is, well you can see for yourself.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

WOW, Nice deer.. Sure he is nocturnal now, but wait till he gets to chasing does, it will even the odds some..GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:52 AM
Typical Buck

What a buck!! Good luck with him bud!
Old 10-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Typical Buck

Got a pick of a little buck shedding velvet, seems kind of late..

Old 10-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Typical Buck

His close-up..

Old 10-09-2007, 04:48 PM

well guys seen a few does and had a great time. i should hit the farm a couple days this week then i have another week off at the end of october. good luck
Old 10-11-2007, 06:10 AM
Typical Buck

Well the weather has changed, cooled down, that rain a week ago, shot my food plots up 6-10", deer are in them, set out 2 new cameras in new areas, put up 4 new stands..I have got to get some BUCK action this weekend..I HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope everyone has a good weekend..
Old 10-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sure has been quiet here on Team 3
My week off was very uneventful, way too hot. In 5 days I saw 5 deer, no antlers and nothing in range.
It was great to be out there again, that's for sure. Things are cooling down and I can't wait to get back.

Jondoe, great looking buck, good luck!
Old 10-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Typical Buck

Terrible day in the woods today. Started off late, I over slept. Then on my way, since I was gonna be late, I figured I would try somewhere new on the property. Once I get to the bottom by the creek, I could not find a place to put my climber. So time for plan B. I went farther up the trail near where they would exit into a field for evening feeding time. I climb up a tree about 50 yards inside the woods where 3 trails merge together. One hour into sitting there, the 1 other guy who has permission to hunt there walks buy and I motion so he sees me there. I guess he decided it was time to socalize. So after 15 minutes of hearing his stories he leaves and goes down one of the trails I was hoping a deer would come out of. Half hour later, the property owner drives in on his 6 wheeler looking like he was trying to decide what trees he wanted to cut next. He was about 20 feet from the tree I was in for about 10 minutes and he never saw me at all. But apparently it was to late for him to start cutting cause then he drove off to his house. By that time I knew this evening was pretty much over. Needless to say I was right. Not 1 deer was spotted. [:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 10-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Typical Buck

Wow, Hunted all weekend and seen one little buck, it is bad in my neck of the woods, so many dead deer, I have talked to alot of people, hunters and outfitters who have been finding lots of dead deer, last year at this time I would have 10 big bucks on camera and this year none..
I have talked to outfitters in Pike and Calhoun counties who are really worried this will shut them down, they are already getting cancellations, from people who have heard about all the dead deer..
I talked to 4 guys from Florida who are hunting with a big outfitter and they havent seen a buck yet!! 7 days , no Bucks..Crazy..
I can ride from my cabin to town, about 15 miles and usually count 100-200 deer, this year 10-20..If I'm Lucky!!!!

Quick Reply: 3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.