Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread >

3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 01:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread

again

Old 09-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome!! An opening day doe, and to share it with your boy, does'nt get much better than that. Congrats, she looks like a cow too!!

Old 09-30-2007, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well team, I'm outta here for a week. I'll be hunting, relaxing, maybe a little fishing too.
Take it easy and good luck to all!!
Old 09-30-2007, 11:17 AM

Hey guys, didn't have a kill yesterday but, had an interesting hunt. I got out to my stand and used a drag with buck urine around my area, then i got situated in the tree at about 4pm. I was sitting in my stand for about an hour and all of the sudden i heard what sounded like something beating a bush. I focused my attention that direction but, I never saw anything or heard anything moving about in that direction. Well, about 7pm a 100 yards away there is a food plot were a 6 pointer came walking out of some brush and began to munch down. I tried hitting the grunt call a couple of times with a low grunt hoping he would come over with curiosity. He raised his head and looked my direction several times but, continued to eat. About 15 mins. later he moved his way down the hill to the woods which is the other end of the food plot and disappeared. I thought that he was moving through the woods to make his way to me and my feeder but, I never saw him agian. Is it possible that i scared him off thinking that i was abigger buck ready to beat him up or that the buck scent helped scare him off. Either way I had an awesome time and left the woods witha smile on my face. Any pointers as to what i could do next time that happens?
Old 09-30-2007, 11:23 AM

BTW, congrats pwrstk350. I know when i went hunting with my dad for the first couple of times I had a hard time dealing with being patient and not makeing a kill the first time. Since you and your boy was able to share that together you guys have something too share for the rest of your lives. She sure is a hefty girl.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Typical Buck

NICE DOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 06:14 AM

comgrats on the doe i missed a doe yesterday and found a new rub line hunting hard all week good luck fellas
Old 10-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

It's been a while since I've checked in and thought I'd give a little update.
Foodplots in IL are finally beginning to come up. We've had a dab of rain, and looks like in the next week we are going to get lots more. We should have the green haze kicking strong by the middle of the week.

I hunted Opening night and Tuesday morning. Saw 5 different bucks and probably 30 or so does. No shooters, unless you count the giant mosquito that just about knocked me out of the tree.

Today I went back to KY and had a weird morning. I heard a pack of yotes just before sunrise. About 7, out came a yote, then another. All in all, I had 8 yotes in a picked cornfield. One came right up to me and begged me to shoot him. I did. Weird thing was, when I moved my finger to the release, he saw that one little movement. Needless to say, as I squeezed, so did he. He turned right into that arrow and it hit right between the eyes. He rolled about 15 feet, regained his legs, and took off, looking sorta like a unicorn. I trailed that dude for almost a 100 yards and never did find him. He bled good until he ran into a KUDZU thicket. At which point, I called off my search.

I dont think I'll be doing much hunting for about a week as the family is going camping all next week. I may excuse myself from the festivities for a night hunt, but that'll be pretty iffy. With November coming, it may be better to get some good family time in and load up the freezer with some crappie.

Hope yall have some good luck. Until this heat breaks a little, I dont think I'll be missing much. Be safe.

Old 10-06-2007, 12:56 AM

Alright guys, my hunting is going to be on hold for a little while, due to the fact that i broke the 4th metacarpal in my right hand wednesday at work. It shouldn't be but about 2 or 3 weeks before i am able too pull my bow back agian. I guess the good thing is that I am still getting paid to sit at home and heal up. The story behind my hand getting broke was this new guy had a 6 ft. tall stack of road cones fall over on me while working. I reached up to catch them and didn't get my hand open in time and it just shoved my pinkie knuckle in about an inch. they call it a boxer's fracture. It was as if i punched a 150lb. stack of cones falling over on me. I never realized how hard it would be to get around without the use of my right hand. Bummer!
Old 10-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry to hear that..Take it easy and you will be back in no time..

Quick Reply: 3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.