Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 08:01 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

A co-worker of mine called in a nice 8 this weekend with a grunt call so its happening here as well. Hang in there guys, remember to enjoy your time outdoor whether you get a deer or not or whether you use a bow or gun. Make memories that will get you through the off season.

Brad, enjoy hunting in the snow and Scot have a great trip. My opening of gun is a week from Saturday. I'll be hunting 4 different stands in 2 days. I'm looking forward to it.

Have fun guys, shoot straight and be safe!
Old 11-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sunday Morning while I was at work.... MAN O MAN..

Old 11-06-2007, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Brad,

That's terrible man. I think you need to take a day off and go hunting. At least a morning hunt.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Typical Buck

I 2nd that Dave. Brad he was even broadside for you.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mathewsboy

Sunday Morning while I was at work.... MAN O MAN..

Thats too bad man, it only takes that one time though for you too be there, when one of those bucks doshow....

Is he looking towards your treestand?

We got about 3 inches of snow last night here, not much more than i dusting today. im not sure when ill be going out again, this DST really puts a damper on hunting after work now dangit. i really wanna get out and hunt with this snow before it melts. its a chilly 32 here now iwish i could go this evening
Old 11-06-2007, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

UMMM, he came in tonight at 3:15 and I BLEW IT... I dont know what happened.. But I think I hit REALLY LOW/Brisket, something. NO BLOOD on arrow, just a tad on one fletching... Dark hair shaved...Heard a crack he took off, tail up and never stopped fora good 100-150 yrds.. Got down, checked it all out.. saw the arrow was in the ground and a totally different angle than it should have been. No blood for a while, then some BRIGHT RED drops on the Exit side of deer , up front, like opposite leg or brisket.. Followed him a LONG ways, never bedded.. and eventually blood petered out.. He's GONE.. Maybe I'll be lucky and get a shot at him again from another stand... SORRY GUYS... I'm just SICK...
Old 11-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

Hang in there, let him lay and then go back out tomorrow. I bet it went in and hit bone or something and went a different angle like GMATS. Keep us posted. I bet he's dead. Don't give up.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont think I'll find his TRACK.. SNOW!!!! thats one bad thing when it keeps snowing.. I really think its a superficial Hit...
Old 11-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Typical Buck

Where did it hit? Low at the ribs? Do you think you got at least 1 lung?
Old 11-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

NO, never even went through the chest cavity.. I went back out after 4 hours and followed his track.. NO BLOOD.. found one bed, Very Very Little blood, and it looked like it was a high hit i think.. But man Where I thought the arrow hit was low/brisket behind shoulder. But where the blood was looked like a HIGH shot.. But the blood was only on his EXIT side, nothing from the Entrace side.. I can't figure out what happened.. I dont know.. But I followed him over a Mile and No blood, only a couple drop here and there, he was fine walking no beds, few trots now and then.. and He just kept going. He ended up making about a 180. He first ran West, and ended up going NE when I turned around.. All the way on the back side a large ridge.. Maybe he'll be back to this thick alder swamp East of me where there are lots of does in the near vicinity.. Have some large rubs over there too.. Maybe they are his, maybe a bigger buck.. Who knows.. I'm gonna start hunting another stand I have up there..So.....I guess, It happens to the best of us.. LOL.. Ain't the first time and it wont be the last...What a bummer.. All the time, effort, family putting up with me and money I spend and it all comes down to ONE MOMENT and then I go and BLOW IT...

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.