Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

hi guys...i havent been out with the bow at all lately, muzzle season came in here on the 7th of dec, so i decided to give it try this past weekend. seen a couple small bucks and thena decent2.5 year old came in so i took him. i droped him in his tracks and one of the main beams fell off when he went down. then the other one came off while dragging him out.

i know its not a bowkill but i still like my gun hunting, so i firuged i d share with you guys anyway.
here's the link to my team where the pics are...
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2305289&mpage=12
Old 12-13-2007, 07:48 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats Mark on the buck. Isn't that something how the rack fell off like that. I'm so glad you got a buck, feels good doesn't it. Way to go!
Old 12-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats!

Looks like a good candidate for rattling antlers. (I've never personally rattled anything in, but I probably have scared quite a few off)

How close was it?
Old 12-14-2007, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations on the buck. My brother had the same thing happen to him a few years ago in PA. With his both came off when it hit the ground. He said that when he walked up to it he thought he accidentally shot a doe but said he knew it had antlers. Both where embedded in the ground under the buck.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks guys!!

It feels great fun2hunt, but would of felt even better if i killed it with my bow.

badger....he was atabout 70yrds when i shot him.

Now i got an issue with my bow. my center serving came apart right where inockgoes,so now i need to reserve it.

anyone know if it can be done without a serving tool? i wanted to get back out this weekend and take the bow out,but now this came up so i got to fix it first.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can do it by hand without the tool. You just have to make sure you keep the serving tight as you wrap it. You might be able to wrap the serving around a pen once or twice and then wrap the pen around the string to keep it tight. It will not be as good as with the tool but it should get you by for a little bit. You definitely need some way of keeping he serving tight as it's wrapped around the string.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:31 PM
Fork Horn

the bottom of my center serving came unwound. I wrapped it as tight as i could get it and half hitched it, and it should do for one more shot (hopefully at a deer). I dont wanna take it in yet, and I dont want to do it myself because the string is practically brand new.

Tonight I saw 7 deer all does w/ fawns and one little buck
Old 12-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Fork Horn

wow did you all die?

I wanna know, whats a good knife? Which ones do y'all have? I need another knife.

Edit: Though we may not win the contest, we might still clinch the 2nd most posts catagory (we're ahead of team 10 by 2 posts) We're one of only 6 teams without a buck. Hopefully I'll get lucky and stick one. I know i'll still hunt. Hopefully there's a decent buck still hanging around... but i think i may give somewhere esle a shot too.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think that Christmas has everyone distracted.

Kershaw are very good knives and worth the money. The blades are extrememly sharp from the factor. Gerber aren't bad. i have a big fixed blade thatI use for deer more than my folding Case. Buck has been around for a long time. Leatherman makes extremely sharp knives. The blade on my leatherman tool was so sharp that I'd cut myself and not realize it until i saw the blood streaming. That was 15 yrs ago though so I'm not sure if they still ahve the same quality. So, in order probably:
Kershaw
Leatherman
Buck
Gerber

I'd like to try a ceramic blade sometime myself. Boker is one manufacturer. Case used to be a lot better but the last one I got was terrible compared to my previous one.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:00 PM
Typical Buck

Hi guys, it's been a long few weeks. I haven't been out in the woods since opening weekend of gun in Nov. We just got over a big ice storm here in OK, you probably saw it on the news. About 650,000 homes lost power. We were very blessed to not lose power but most of my co-workers and friends did.Some lost power for over a week. It affected all our businesses, schools, everything especially with all the tree damage. Well, things are getting back to normal now. I'm finally heading out to the woods this weekend. I'm taking my 10 year old with me on an antlerless gun hunt Saturday. It will be our first gun hunt together and our attempt to get our first deer together. It supposed to snow on us while we are out there so we will be in a blind. I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to try to get out next weekend with a bow to try one more time to get a buck for this season.

Merry Christmas Team!!!

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.