Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Jarrod,

You can try the buck lure instead of the doe in heat and see how that helps. Also, you can try a grunt call and/or rattle bag. I've had a buck come around a field about 200 yds out to a little rattling.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:26 AM
Typical Buck

That was smart the way you did that. I hope you get one of those.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys...no deer yet here.

i seen some doe's again this weekend....1 spike horn yesterday, and 2 grouse.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Typical Buck

I think this cold front up north will kick the rut in for you guys. I bet we get a couple of bucks for our team in the next week or 2.

Who do you guys think will score first on our team? I think it will be Brad.

Votes?
Old 11-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope your right.. I had a small 8 in tonight.. Not a shooter though..
Old 11-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

In 2 days my rut hunting starts. My buddy just got a 9 pt and said the deer are chasing the doe around here in Maryland.

Good luck to everyone. The fun time is here.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Fork Horn

where I hunt I knew I could do that because deer are so used to people in the area. Generally if you jump them they trot off maybe 20 yards and just watch you and return right after you leave

yea hopefully it'll heat up a little. It has been a little slow. I didn't hunt todaybecause of the wind, and now I have school so I'm done until the weekend.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I want to wish all of you good luck for the remainder of your seasons!! I am headed to Idaho tomorrow and will be Rifle hunting for 10 days.It is beautiful country and I really enjoy covering ground with a rifle in my hands.Needless to say I am looking forward to it!
It is not likely that I will archery hunt again at home when I return,it is possible and part of me wants to archery hunt during rifle season,we will see.
My archery season has been poor,I have seen 5 bucks while on stand with only one of them meeting the management unit's antler criteria but not my own.It was a 1.5 year old 5 pointer.I probably have about 40 hours of stand time in.Unfortunately in speaking with friends that bow hunt their experience has been similar.The person that I do most of my bow hunting with (stands typically set a 1/4 mile apart)didn't see a buck while on stand,he shot two doe's.Another close friend who consistently kills better than average bucks hasn't shot any thing,he heads out west with me tomorrow.
We miss the best archery hunting here because of the timing of our trip this year,but even still there is no year in recent memory where I have seen so few bucks with them being so young.
Again Good Luck to you all! I hope you all have great experiences in the woods!
Old 11-06-2007, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Scot,

Good luck on your rifle hunt. I hope you have a safe and enjoyable time. So far this year has been disappointing to me. I'm hoping the rest of this week is a turn around. I'm taking tomorrow thru Friday off and besides duck hunting Saturday and travel time to the Eastern Shore Friday I will be in a tree the rest of the time.

I'm going to hunt a stand site that during pre-season showed a lot of sign. It's near a swamp and there was a lot of sign before season. In the afternoon I'm heading to the oak stands and hope the doe pull me in a buck. Thursday I'm torn between going to a friend's property on the Eastern Shore that shot a nice 9 yesterday or continue to persue the bucks on the area that I've been hunting.

I'm just hoping my back stops bothering me. I didn't hunt Saturday because of the trouble i had getting out of the tree the weekend before.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, Getting belted with snow as I typpe.. Planned on heading out this moring, day of work, but The deer I'm sure are bedded down right now, waiting for a let up in the storm.. Hopefully this afternoon it will ease up and they'll move..

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.