Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

That's what I'm talking about. Thanks Mark.

Nathan, that's awesome. You came close. Keep it up buddy and you'll get him.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

I bet you will be chomping at the bit. Good luck tomorrow. i will not be out until next week.
Thanks!
Old 10-19-2007, 03:25 PM
Typical Buck

yeah man it was close very close... maybe tommorow
Old 10-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Typical Buck

Hi team I got back late tonight. Drove 160 miles round trip. I got up in the stand about 4p and 4:30p a 4 pt walked right below me 5 yards out. He was too young, about 1.5 years old. He continued to feed along with his brother I think who was a spike. They were probably below my stand for an hour and a half. That's all I saw. It was really windy and I think it had the deer spooked. The gusts would come in and I would watch the 2 bucks get really nervous. One gust scared them and then they went and bedded down for a half an hour and came back out when it was calmer. Anyway, I had a perfect set up, wind was right, it just didn't happen.

How about you all?
Old 10-21-2007, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hi everyone,
Yesterday's sits were nothing to write home about.I saw two bucks in the morning.One ran past me stand about 50 yards out like he was on fire.He had just been shot by a hunter who I didn't know was in the same piece of woods,about 200 yards away.That deer came past at 7:20,the hunter didn't attemot to track the deer.I got out of my stand at 9:00 and went over to see if there was blood where the buck had come through.There was,I didn't understand why the guy wasn't pursuing the trail.Long story short my friend that I was hunting with,(he in another stand on the same property)and I tracked this buck a quarter mile,we then back tracked it to see if we could determine where it was shot from.We came upon the hunter who shot the deer who had left the woods to go to a guitar lesson and was coming back to trail the deer.Nice guy,not happy that he is hunting in such close proximity,but what are you going to do when you don't own the property.We took him to the last blood we found and proceede to attempt to help him find the deer.We spent two hours with him,in some instances crawling on hands and knee's looking for drips.He had to go so he marked the last spot blood was found and was coming back later.Hopefully I will find out whether he recovered the deer.Seemingly the deer bled enough to have expired.
I had a five pointer walk underneath me,and I saw two doe's.Yesterday afternoon one doe and this morning's sit one doe.
I am hunting the only stand I have out that I havn't hunted this afternoon.It is way to warm!!
Old 10-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

My buddy shot an 8 tonight, around 90-100 inches.. Tomorrow I'm going out and hopefully shoot one.. Wind will be GOOD for me.. Temps are GOOD.. Its getting that TIME!!!
Old 10-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

I can't wait until the temps drop and the bucks start moving. There's no school on Thu or Fri; you know where I'll be.

When's the full moon in November? Last year the week before the full moon was magical. I shot mine on the full moon which was the fifth.

Edit: Full moon is friday already (the 26). And high temps in the low/mid 50s for my 4day weekend. Sounds good to me!

I didn't look for any rubs or anything lately, but I didn't see anything special while hunting.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds liek the deer are starting to move. I'll be out Friday and Saturday this week.

Scot,
That amazes me that the guy would just leave like that and his excuse why. He must not have hit the deer that well that it traveled that far without finding it. Especially after the amount of time that it was given to lay down and expire. Who knows though.I trailed a deer once a pretty long way in rifle season before I found her bedded down. Sometimes they don't follow the rules.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw three deer on yesterday afternoons sit.Unfortunately I saw them all on my way in to the stand.Two doe's and a spikehorn.The spike horn was bedded about 10 yards away from the stand tree.While on stand I saw two doe's at a distance,likely the two that I bumped on my way in.I was shocked because it was literally raining acorns,squirrels were going crazy around me.I have never seen or heard as many acorns come down.I was off a runway that looked like a cow path.It was very warm though.I am a little (lot) concerned about the amount of buck sign that I am seeing.Not many rubs at all,I did see two good scrapes Saturday while trailing that deer.I have seen four bucks but they all have been small.Bucks should start to get cranked up a little here shortly.
What scent products have produced for you guy's if any? I have had consistent results with Kishel's Buck thrasher II,James Valley Wall Hanger,and a company called Realdeer.I have always debated about the use of scents,with Bow Hunting especially I just want something that is going to stop them in a shooting lane.I would be curious to know what you guy's like to use.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:28 PM
Typical Buck

Looks like everyone is starting to see young bucks which usually happens a week or 2 before the big boys show up. My buddy who was with me had 2 young bucks sparring in a field so the pre-rut is definately starting to kick in here. It was raining and 47 degrees here today, so no wonder it was so windy on Saturday. It was 82 while I was in the stand and blowing in the cold front. Hopefully this will get the bucks moving.

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.