Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

I hunted this afternoon.I have been trying to take one afternoon during the week to get out.It was windy,lightly raining and about 70 degree's.While on stand I didn't see any thing.The conditions were terrible but you can't kill any thing if you are not out there.I got back to my truck at about 7:00,I was parked in the woods about 100 yards,on an old logging road.As I was driving out maybe 50 yards from where I was parked a honker of a buck crossed in front of my truck.Big clean 8 pointer.Good to know he is in the area,now hopefully I will see him when it matters!
Old 10-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

Holy poop

im cryin'

Did you see that 35 point buck thread? Thats less than 50mi from me! God if I could ever shoot something like that!
Old 10-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Typical Buck

Yes, talk about mass. Amazing. Hang in there Scot, your persistance will pay off.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

Alright team what's going on out there? Hopefully your all hunting. Weather's awesome here this week, 40s - 60s each day.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey fellas, went out hunting this afternoon had to work so i didnt get out there till about 5 oclock. On my way in i spooked 6 doe[:@] i figured they would of been moving with the cold front that came thru yesterday, we had light snow on and off today and temps in the 30's perfect weather for deer movement.

Got to my stand and didnt see nothing till about an hour into my hunt, then 2 does came out into the field about 100 yrds from me behind me. i watched them feed for about a half hour, after scanning the woods in front of me for a couple mins i turned around to see if they were still there, and noticed a 3rd deer out there a little ways away, put the bino's up to check as it was getting kinda dark and wouldnt ya know it was a dandy 8 point, nice and wide too. so then im like well what to do, by the time he makes his way towards me, and if he does it might too dark. Well then this doe decides she going to go over there and check him out, he didnt want none of that so he chases her back into the thicket off the field edge, then shortly after the other doe follows. i waited about 10 min thinking he may come back out, but nada. so then i tried a little rattling and a few grunts and nothing, as i was taking my arrow off the rest and putting in my quiver i looked back out there and here comes them 2 does running down the field towards me like he was on there tail they cut in just before my stand, but he wasnt in toe. i had a good wind so he didnt smell me, i think he will be back ,and now i know where one of his bedrooms is.[8D]
Old 10-24-2007, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

A buddy of mine just shot a nice nine pointer.

I'll be hunting. I'll be goose hunting in the morning though.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw a Spike tonight.. Its BEEN real bad for me.. Been REAL sick the last two, three days with the flu.. At least I'm assuming it was the flu...

I'll be back out Friday Eve..
Old 10-25-2007, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mark,

Sounds like you had an exciting hunt. I bet your blood was pumping and the adrenaline flowing. Hope that continues and that buck gets closer.

Brad,

Sorry to hear that you are sick. Take car of yourself andI hope you get better soon.

It's been raining nonstop here since yesterday and it's supposed to continue tomorrow. Tomorrow is my day off and I hope the rain stops tonight but it looks like it's supposed to continue for a few days. i don't mind hunting in a light rain. however, i get a little leery about trying to track game if it rains hard enough to wash away the blood before i get a chance to start tracking.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:28 AM
Typical Buck

Brad, I just prayed for you. Get well man.This Friday should be good with the cooler weather.

Mark,you're getting closer. Every hunt you post it sound more and more like the rut is breaking out, awesome. Nothing like it.

Dave, what's the latest on your area? Seeing any good sign? Did you ever go back where you jumped up that buck?

As far as for me Muzz starts this weekend and then gun follow shortly after so I'm probably not going to be able to get back out with a bow until late season - Dec. That's okay, where I'm hunting now I've seen more bucks in Dec after the orange army leaves than any other time. By the way I'm part of that this year. My company has a deer camp the opening weekend of gun and I'm working the check-in station so I may try to get a couple of does while I'm there. I'd like to bring my bow but there will be too many bullets flying around so if I stuck one its just too dangerous to track so I'll just be using a rifle for that.

Be safe everyone!
Old 10-25-2007, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

mike,

I went back there last week and it looked like cattle trails running all over the place and a few scrapes but no deer whileI was there.I have to wait until after the 27th to get back in there. When I do I'll be armed with buck lure and doe lure and my calls and ratlting bag.

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.