Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team 19 Thread

Scot,

I think you are right about the brand name.I did some research a few weeks back about their climbers and thought about buying one. I'm waiting to see if a freind can get me Summit Stands at cost like he said he could. i might stop back in Dick's tomorrow and see what they have. i've nver used fixed postion stands due to hunting public land most of my hunting life.

The Eastern Shore has some huge bucks. The bad part is that most of them are on leased land.I might lease some land down there this year if the guy will let my borther join too. He showed me a picture of the buck his dad got last year. It's a 160+ class buck.

Brad,

Thanks for checking in. Keep us posted on how everything is going.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:18 AM
Typical Buck

Hi guys, I'm back. Was off yesterday. Is there a link for the avatar to download?

Regarding my practice, I should be doing my 3rd practice this week at lunch today. I'm really enjoying my 3D target since I've just had a bag that last 2 years.

As far as my hunting set up and seeing deer, I will be going to a lease where we have camera's set up and treestands already in place. I need to let you all know that I'm only allowed a cull buck so I may get a 3.5 year old buck or so that scores in the 80s or 90s so hopefully we'll get some bigger bucks to compensate for that but I will try my best.I think the first day I'll be able to get out there will be 10/14.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I serve on the tax assessment review board in the town where I reside.A few years ago there was a town wide reassessment,there were over 300 people who filed grievances.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mike,

Just right click and save the picture from the KYDeerHunter03 thread and then go into your profile and download the file. you'll have to resize it to get it to fit though. I'd way a few days. Jarrod's picture is brighter and if he gets the text in it we'll probably go with that.

don't worry about the size. The guys that win have a lot of guys post deer, not post a few big deer. If you look at last year most of the guys scored bucks and most were under 100 and even 90. Where as there was a team with a few guys with 130's that only had those few bucks. If we get 10 guys with 60" that could possibly win. Therefore, every inch over that is a bonus.

Jarrod,

Make sure that the image is 145 X 145 max when you are through. that way people can just save the image and not go through a lot of trouble resizing to use.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:01 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

You guys should have used a name like Team Monks. cause you sure aren't bustin any nutz.
Wake up a little earlier tomorrow dave. You should only hang on the Amateur Smack Talk page. I have a permission slip for you to sign by your mommy before you can venture out.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Mathewsboy

Hey Ladies, lol.. Sorry haven't been on here, BUSY BUSY BUSY.. Trying to get ready to take the Michigan LEVEL 1 tax assessing test to become certified.. I test on Sept 7th.. What a combination, I operate a Waste Water Treatment plant and my part time job is Tax Assessing.. LOL Anyone ever take the Michigan Level I Assessing Test?
So explain this to me: Some relatives (WI residents) bought some land in the UP really cheap. All the neighbors are paying very little for taxes. Well this year, their tax is really high. And it's gonna triple in the next few years. I really dont remember specifics, there was something about a school tax or something. Well anyway it was all undisclosed. WTF?

And somebody show me some good fonts to use. I know ziltch about photoshop.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks Dave, I appreciate the encouragement. I'm actually excited about the opportunity to take a mature buck even if it is to cull it out.

One thought on the new avatar (it's awesome by the way) could we make it look a little more broadside and then have his head turning away from the hunter like he doesn't have a clue he is there. Goes with the Quite Arrow concept. Just a thought...
Old 08-24-2007, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jarrod,

I don't know much either. Play around with a few and see what happens. We have faith in you.

Mike,

That would be perfect. That's actually why I prefer the scene in Jarrod's piture more. The buck has no clue the guy is there.

Old 08-24-2007, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont know about the tripling.. Depending on what county your from maybe.. But as far as Taxed.. Back in 1994 Michigan passed a Law called proposal A..

The neighbors are paying cheap taxes, because they have owned their property probably for a long time.. When someone purchases land in michigan or a home, the Taxable value becomes Uncapped and the taxes you pay are now based on the SEV, State Equalized Value. This happens the Following year of the sale. Once its uncapped, your taxes can only go up a TOTAL of 5% each year, never any higher, unless you Build or Add new Additions or so on.

Example:

If you buy property from someone and it was assessed at 25,000 dollars 10 yrs ago, it was then uncapped and that became the New taxable Value.The 25000 could only go up a total of 5% each year.. Its either 5% or The Inflation Rate, whichever is less. Usually the Inflation Rate. Now you come along and purchase the land and lets say theSEV is now 40,000. When you purchase it, the following year the taxable value which was 25,000 plus whatever it had gone up by percentage wise, is uncapped to the 40,000 and this becomes your NEW taxable value.. That is was your pay taxes on then..

Its confusing.. I hope I explained it ok..

Also, if this is Just LAND, no building, they can do CFA on it. Commercial Forest Act.. Taxes would be REALLY Cheap.. but the catch is, you have to allow people to hunt or fish on it.. Its kinda like Public land then.. With a few exceptions..You dont have to open gates, and you can say NO fourwheelers, no Tree STEPS in trees and so on, but you have to let people on to it hunt or walk, etc.....
Old 08-24-2007, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

Hmm thanks. There was something about how you pay taxes on double the property value one year than triple the next or someting. It was really stupid and made no sense whatsoever.

Edit:

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.