Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 8 - Official International Harvesters Thread >

8 - Official International Harvesters Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

8 - Official International Harvesters Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 8 - Official Team 8 Thread

I have done some scouting, and had the trail camera out alittle bit as well. Last time the camera was out I took it to my fiances grandma's farm and got some good pic's. Three or four differnt bucks including two pretty nice eight points. I was surprised at the number of pics I got over a 5 day span with just putting out one of those cheapy corn flavored buck lickers block from wally world. I hope this weekend to pick up another block and throw up the camera again to see how they have grown over the past 3 weeks.

I would have had the camera's out more but buying this house has been hectic and I'm trying to make sure everything is taken care of before I close on the 27th. After that I should be moved in after a week then I can do some scouting on my new property. So it looks like I'll have plenty of land to hunt this year if nothing else.

Note: I will post the pics of what bucks I got pics of a couple weeks ago when I clean off the memory card before taking the camera back out.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

BTW: International Harversters sounds fine with me to.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:23 PM

So far i have not seen anything other does, which is not unusual for the property i hunt. for some reason, the buck to doe ratio seems to flip as it gets closer to the rut and more bucks start to cruise through the property. Im not really worried. All the food plots are in, and im waiting for a cool day this week to put the last of the treestands up. The neighboring farmer has seen couple that would easily make P&Y but nothing really huge.Just gonna have to see what the season brings.

PS. Still no Barth?
Old 08-15-2007, 11:35 PM

Hmmmmm, I'll PM Barth again and see what happens.

Sounds like the concensus for a team name is International Harvesters.....if there are no objections by Thursday Evening I'll edit the thread title to show the name.

Any other ideas for a team captain? I know I was nominated once, I'll accept if that's the case.....just let me know.

Well, I gotta hit the sack....just finished skinning a bear and have to cut it up in the morning and get the other 2 hunters back on stand.......
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2260212
Old 08-16-2007, 09:54 AM

I nominate Dan as well.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

Nice bear. I guess I need to go to Ontario. I spent 6 days bear hunting in Maine and never saw hide nor hair of a bear. Only two of the 10 hunters in camp even saw one and nobody got a shot. I didn't even see a moose.

I vote for Dan also.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:52 PM

Ouch, that's gotta suck Christine. Were you hunting over bait? If so, what were they using?

Old 08-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

All of us hunted over bait. There were several things working against us. It was hot and windy all week and it was late in the season (last week if I remember correctly). The baits were being hit, but only by one bear each and the bears were coming around 11pm. (They had trail cameras on them) Some of the baits were close enough that it was the same bear hitting several of them.
All the dumb bears had been thinned out by thenand the remaining ones were well educated. It's not an area with a high success rate anyhow. [&o]

I think they were using mostly doughnuts for bait. I tried to stay optimistic, but it was quite possibly the most boring six days on stand I can remember. (I did see a fisher and get swooped at by an owl, but that was the extent of my excitement)
Old 08-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry but when I think of International Harvesters, I think of tractors.[:'(]
I bleed Green, John Deere Green that is.
I do think Dan would be a good Team Captain though.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:52 AM

IH is ok with me as a name
I vote for Dan to be our leader

Quick Reply: 8 - Official International Harvesters Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.