Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 39-Official Team 39  "Buck Naked "Thread >

39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

well today is hte day I am leaving for SD here in a few hours so I have alot of stuff left to do, I have to run by bass pro before I go I got a new shotgun last night and they did not give me a key for the trigger lock htye had installed so I have to go get it and then get packed and everything loaded so I better get to gettin. good luck to all of you over the next week, and hopefully I will have a nice picture to post when I get back
Old 10-19-2007, 06:21 AM

Palmerqt3 - Good Luck in SD! Have fun, we will be anxiously awaiting your picture when you return!
Old 10-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is time for us to step up and get on the scoreboard!! Lets light this candle!![8D]

I'm shooting a buck this weekend. I can just feel it.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, just got back. Fun trip but long too. Good to be home. Shot some ducks as usual and had some good laughs. I see nobody shot deer. We'll get em' soon. Saw three awesome bucks while out there. Might have to buy a archery tag next year. Damn I'm tired. Good luck weekend warriors.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:11 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds like a fun trip IR!
Get some well needed rest.

I went out Saturday morning, busted a couple of deer about 15 yards from my stand had at least 2 snorting at me even after I got into my stand.
Did not see or hear anything the rest of the day.
Still a great day to be in the woods.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I passed on 3 bucks this morning. A 5 pt, a small 8pt and a half rack. I keep seeing the same 3 bucks walk past my stand every morning.....they keep tempting fate and fate will end up sucker punching them. J/k....I would be thrilled to see another buck. I may have to start hunting my prerut stands.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Descent weekend....but no buck on the ground. Saturday, real early I could see the siloette of a nice 8 or 10 point about 200 yards away. First buck I seen this year. My hunting partner was hunting across the road, may a 1/2 mile away seen 4 bucks and missed a nice wide 8 point. We seen a lot of deer yesterday, but no bucks. Still a great weekend to be out. A big front has moved in overnight and temps are 20 cooler today then yesterday....what I would give to be in the woods instead of at work.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I finally seen a buck Im willing to kill. Some guy walking on city land to the south bumped him out towards me then he ran back towards the guy at must have bedded down in the marsh grass. That was yesterday AM. That afternoon he stepps out at 40 yards in high cattails, no shot. The wind had to change and started to blow at him a little. He stays there for 15min looking around, pushing his head into the sky smelling. I thought he was going to bolt but he slowly took the trail to the east. I grunted a few times, he looked back but wasn't interested. He ismain frame 8. Beautiful buck to say the least. Picture the buck on the front of a Cabelas catolog, thats him. Sooner or later he'll make a mistake. Winds shifted so no more hunting there till next week. Im going to hunt another property tonight with my uncle and then a different one in the AM with him aswell. Close but no cigar..... ah I mean buck.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

Hey fellas,
I haven't checked in for a while now, but it's almost that magical time and I'm sure we'llallbe sitting ina tree a lot more than we'll be sitting in front of a computer. Having said that good luck to everyone and be safe. I am taking off the first full work week in November. I will be in the woods non-stop November 3rd - 12th. I hope to have one on the ground by then end of that time, as last year I ended up taking one with my shotgun. It's just not thesame is it. Anyway good luck to everyone, take and post lots of pictures for us, and remember to aim small, miss small!
Old 10-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

well SD did not pan out as well as I hoped it would for deer or birds there was just to much corn out in the fields yet for us to get into any real good hunting. Had a shot at a real nice 4x4 but when I had drawn back on him and went to release my arrow the trigger on my release malfunctioned and never let go and by the time it did the bow was not pointed in the same spot needless to say the arrow went one way and the deer went the other, but that is hunting I guess. We are going to hit the woods around here sunday evening so we will have to see what that will produce. Hope the rest of you are having fun!!!

Quick Reply: 39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.