Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus  Thread >

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 05:34 AM

Default RE: 31-Official team 31 Thread

Got back from Kentucky, an dnobuck...at least not a good one. I saw 8 does and 1 little funky buck. It was 94, 95 everyday, and extremely humid--not very good conditions, but the place has great potential. I also joined a 700 acre club there, compliments of TFOX. It has only 10 people on a private farm,so I will be headingback to Ky often!
Old 09-24-2007, 08:59 AM
Typical Buck

too bad about that mnauman, sounds like the future is bright though. 5 more days til we can rock and roll here.......looking forward to it.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

BUMP! lol

3 days and a wake up till im buck hunting. well...if i get better. got a nasty ear infection/fever/nasty cold and the whole 9yds. got on antibiotics yesterday so hopefully tomarrow im starting to recover. today was terrible. im not the kinda guy that complains about much...but man was i miserable today.

so long as i dont get WORSE i will be in the stand as long as i can bear...if im 100% im planning an all day sit. dont wanna risk leaving and coming back in later...spot is too hot to ruin..first day hunting a spot is always the best. we will see. first legal buck that gives me a shot and im loosing an arrow. i thought i might be a little selective the first couple weeks..but i aint gunna risk it. first legal buck is going down. but its gotta have 4 on one side so it wont be all toooo shabby..cant risk it..my luck we will close on the house and i will be packing and moving and moving in and unpacking etc...hopefully the first one to gimme a shot is a nice one...alot of decint ones in the area i will be the first day...just gotta hope they head my direction...

good luck guys...keep at it!! seasons are young yet!!
Old 09-25-2007, 09:22 PM

mauster06 that is too bad i hope that you are by the 29th
Old 09-26-2007, 05:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

ahhhh thanx hnt. im feelin better already today. figured i would. gunna chug me about a gallon of gatorade to rehydrate today....take another nap after class and i should be good to go. ear is feelin more itchy than painful...i kicked that infections butt..as well as the sinus infections! lol. not 100% yet...but i think i will be good by saturday...just hope i aint still hackin up my lungs...nothing worse than sittin on stand choking, trying to hold back a nasty cough
Old 09-26-2007, 10:57 AM

Glad to hear you are getting over teh bubonic plague! I am going back to Kentucky friday to find that elusive big daddy that didn't want to come out because he couldn't find his suntan oil last week! Taking myoldestson with me thi stime. Looking forward to it, and some cooler weather.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Typical Buck

nothing worse than feeling like crap in the treestand......I am taking a young hunter out the first day. My buddy has a daughter and he is unable to take her so we will be in the blind bright and early sat morning. She is super excited......I will keep you guys posted. Glad you are feeling better.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:38 PM
Typical Buck

mauser its good to hear your starting to feel better but I am sick as hell I caught that fever last night man its bad. My buddy shot a 15pt. last night and I all of the sudden just startedgetting all the symptomsof the Buck Fever. Oh its bad I'm leaving in a hour to go to the tree where Ihope tofind my remedy.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanx guys...feelin pretty decint now...still a little "off" and congested...but atleast that fever and all that seems to be gone.

good luck guys...

im pretty pumped for saturday. still dont know weather to try and sit all day or not. i dont know if i can do it...and if its worth lugging the gear in there. i dont know...really, i can sneak in and out of there REALLY easy...im only in the woods maybe 150-200yds. i dont know...i can sneak out around 11 and sneak back in around 2 and not feel like i missed much...exspecially since it will be 70 and there aint a creek around...but its not uncommon for them to come bed in the pines in the middle of the day...thats usually 10am or so though...i dont know...ive honestly never made an all day sit...an all day sit in 70 degrees will just be a tourture test i think. chances of me seeing one between 11 and 2 or 3 is slim to none id say...but you never know.

hoping the biggun steps out at first light and gives me a good shot then i have nothin to worry about theres a good number of legal bucks in the area...and my buddy seen a bruiser going into my spot one night spotting. we got corn up along the roads for the most part so we really cant see much by spotting...last year we knew what deer were living there, but so did 100 other guys. the spot is always good for atleast 1 or 2 good ones with a handful of smaller legal bucks. im pumped...i got the itch to fling some arrows right now. thats one thing i hate about being here at school...my bow stays at home...dont have anywhere to shoot here...but i keep shootin every weekend all year till the seasons over...never loose my touch...
Old 09-26-2007, 04:39 PM

good to hear that you are doing better now our seasons come in the same day so now we get to see who gets one first

p.s. manuman get one on firday so by sunday we will have three bucks on the ground

Quick Reply: 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.