Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus  Thread >

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 09:55 AM

Default RE: 31-Official team 31 Thread

Has anyone PM'd AP to tell him to put his measurements on his scoring post?
Old 10-20-2007, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

Not sure Lefty

I went out this morning seen 7 deer. 2 does, 2 fawns and 1 little basket buck and 2 unidentified deer too far away. I'll be back out tomorrow morning I have a wedding tonight can't hunt.[:@]
Old 10-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Typical Buck

Mauser, you can get the antlers from the taxidermist he doesnot need them until he is ready to mount the rack so take him to the Taxi and have him skull cap it for you and you should be good to go. Get your score posted officially on the scoring page any questions e-mail Rob / Pa bowyer.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Frank, isnt 1pm a little EARLY to be hitting the bottle bud???

my score IS posted...did ya miss it?? or am i the one thats confused? lol

i scored him yesterday right before i took him to the taxi. i had no freezer room so i had to rush..got home, showed him off, measure him..and off i went..i had im in the freezer for a little while, but i couldnt leave him in there super long..grama would have a fit if she opened the freezer and opened the bag to see a deer staring back at her! lol..

but hes posted...i made an error..Rob already fixed it... 64 2/8ths

gunna be a lonnnnng 6 months or so till i get my hands back on them antlers....i better go kill some other critters so i have a reason to keep visiting the taxi
Old 10-20-2007, 09:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

gunna be a lonnnnng 6 months or so till i get my hands back on them antlers....i better go kill some other critters so i have a reason to keep visiting the taxi

Mauser,
What am I missing!? Your taxidermist does NOT need to keep the antlers. GO GET THEM. Keep them hug them sleep with and play with them.
He only needs them down the road when he is getting ready to finish the mount after the cape is back from being tanned.
You don't need to be lonely. GO GET YOUR ANTLERS >>>--------------------> NOW. [:-]

Old 10-21-2007, 10:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

lol iiii gotcha guys now.

i take it you both have your racks in your possession and fondel them every night before bed?? i never thought of that. i could do that if i really wanted...but with the move and all that going on, its SAFER at the taxidermists house.

thats one thing i hate to move is my antlers, turkey fans and beards, grouse fans etc...i actually make a special trip with JUST that stuff in my truck...noone else touches them lol...call me anal...but thats how i am.

ask the skull mount i did for my 2nd buck a while back. i mounted that sucker on the wall..it wasnt going ANYWHERE. gave it the door slam test..still wouldnt budge. came home from college to find 100000 pieces of it. now i got a skull cap with antlers on it. dont ask me how that happend..id still like to know.

i will actually be out to the taxis a couple more times anyways. we are most likely modifying the form i picked out. im going to tell him to call me when it comes in and i will go out and see what it looks like. its the concept and idea i want...closest form there is..but i think we may do a litttttle modifying.

its going on a new mckenzie form..it has an offset shoulder so the shoulder is going to be alot more there instead of the typical ending at the brisket. and its a left turn semi sneak but its got a lowered head. i might have him lower the head a touch more if its not where i want it, and might have him put a little more turn in the neck. by the looks of it, the offset shoulder takes up alot of the turn. but i want to see it in person before it goes underway. also gotta work out the ear position. he says ears back will look best and really bring out the attitude of the mount..we will see. you can see i AM ANAL about my mounts lol. i want it done RIGHT and HOW i want. thats why i go back to this guy time after time. he LOVES modifying mounts and loves doing things that arent done often. and hes an awesome, friendly guy and loves his work and does an awesome job..

cant wait..
Old 10-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

ok guys I got the score edited so Rob should add it to our score anytime now. unfortunately it may be a little while before I can get back into the woods again. Life's a little to busy right now. I'll still hopefully be able to hunt the rut.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:06 AM

Make sure you shoot Rob a PM to let him know you fixed it.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:41 PM

Well, I didn't do any good with my bow in Savannah, but I did take a decent 90" 8 pointer with my gun. I had to go ahead and get one to get the hex x off of me since last year's major league catatrophe with the poachers. I am a little superstitious, and it seems when I take one, they really start to come in bunches,, so I had to do something to change my mood, an dluck!I am going back to Kentucky in 2 weeks, and still have all season at a private tractwhere I have been seeing some smallish bucks, which means that the big boys are coming soon!
Old 10-22-2007, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

I already pmed him. but since I cant seem to do math, well lets just say thats the 2nd time I've edited it.

Quick Reply: 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.