Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

Gun season here started on 11/3 and will run until either the last Sunday in December or the first weekend in Jan. I normally shot one doe a year with a rifle. My youngest thinks that we have to sit together at least once during the year and shot one. If my middle daughter connects on Saturday morning with her bow then I will be shooting a rem 700 243. If she does not connect she will probably breakdown and shot her old 8 point with that rifle and I will have to usr the win 70 in 264 mag. Its kind of a waste when you are shooting a 65 pound doe with it though.... Can anyone say overkill? Both rifles were my fathers and were bought before I was born in 1965.

-john
Old 11-16-2007, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

Ron,

I was Cisco, until I moved to the shop I'm in now... They use Foundry over here, similar - but just different enough for me to mix up commands all the time.

I'm the lab manager so I get to do everything from VMWare to sidewinders to Red Hat to SAN's. It's a pretty cool job, but very demanding! I have like NO free time at all. But hey who likes to be board right
Old 11-16-2007, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, failure to deploy is a real concern of mine as is the hard quartering away shot angles and sharp downward angles while in a treestand, but that is why I am trying them now that I couldn't shoot that 200" monster anywayGod, can you imagine? I would probably fall on my own arrow if one came by and I couldn't shoot it.

I am planning on using them on elk next fall in Montana, but I have to shoot a deer to make sure I get a pass through with enough left to feel comfortable shooting them on something as big as an elk. Mainly, I want the better blood trails. With the heads I am using, an elk's muscle is so thick, and the hole not quite big enough, that the muscle covers over the hole and none of the blood comes out. We have actually lost 2 elk including a nice 5X5 due to the lack of a blood trail. If these heads can help with that, then they are well worth the $.

John, anything worth doing is worth overdoing IMO
Old 11-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

How was the weekend for everyone? I stayed at home and made pepper sticks and jerky from my deer. Didn't do any hunting.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Typical Buck

Same here. Didn't do anything. Helped my son clean his room. He can now see his floor. We then cleaned the basement. We took out over 10 trashbags filled with junk and 3 boxes of toys to donate.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:20 PM

well i saw a lot of deer, but no shooters... a few guys from our crew shot a few 2 1/2s. ill get out wednesday night and hopefully I can get some does managed
Old 11-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I took some kids out for youth gun season. I am never doing that again. It was pathetic. These kids thought it was supposed to be a video game and when shot opportunities presented themselves they flung lead through the air like they had automatic weapons and were trying to gain fire superiority. I swear, everything I said was in one ear out the other. No hope of these rascals becoming hunters, but there is a great chance that they will be great killers. I hate gun season. Truly. Never taking part in it again. It isn't nature during gun season. It is deer running for their lives as they get persued by everyone and their brother through every thicket, woodlot and field in Ohio. I just don't understand how anyone can say things like, "Well all these people out here will really keep them moving, which is great!" Spare me! Why don't you spend more than 12 hours a year learning about deer behavior and perhaps try to actually hunt them instead of blasting away like thecompletely ignorantmoron you are! Freaking hillbillies. My neighbor's grandson shot a tiny 6-point in the ass as it ran full throttle across the field from him. What a genius! Then, when they walked up on it and it wasn't dead, he had his brother finish it off with his bow so that he wouldn't have to "waste another shell". HEY MORON, A BROADHEAD IS A LOT MORE EXPENSIVE THAN A SHOTGUN SLUG!!! These are the types of people who gun hunt around me. Once again, I try to be nice and it does nothing but bite me in the rear end.

Other than that it was a great weekend[:'(]
Old 11-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Amen Huntingson
Old 11-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Huntingson - I know we disagree a lot - but I'm with you 100% on that one.

We just eliminated the minimum hunting age in Pennsylvania. Thrilling, really - the specter of some countryfried PA backwoods bumpkin (with not even so much asa G.E.D.) - "supervising" hisgun-wielding 4-year oldheathen kid.Run for cover asJunior reststheforearm across the seat ofDad's Polaris and unleashes the fury on a herd ofdoe with a high-powered rifle.

Ahhh, the one-day-wonders of gun season.

Honest to goodness, if they would cancel gun season in PA, I'd be doing cartwheels in the streets.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

These kids were 13, 16, and 17. They weren't exactly infants. Perhaps that was the problem actually. I don't know. All I know is it was disgusting the total lack of respect these kids have for nature. It actually makes me a bit depressed. I though maybe I could change that, but if anything taking them hunting made it worse because to them they were just out there to kill something. Bad move on my part I guess.

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.