Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 11-19-2007, 01:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

can you do a cartwheel

Becareful what you wish for, I may not like it, but it is needed. Bowhunters cannot kill enough deer.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Plus Quick, think of all the Darwin award winners we wouldn't be able to read about without gun season.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's a crap-shoot what you're gonna get with kids.

I've guided really young kids that had absolutely zero interest in being there (dad living vicariously through the child scenario) - and all the kids wanted to do was go home or sleep. I've also seen the older kids who wanted to just shoot at everything in site and turn the whole trip into a videogamebloodbath massacre - no regard for other people, nature, etc...

Either way, an unenjoyable experience for the guide.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I shouldn't have asked! That sounds like a lot of fun.[:@] Rifle season is over here now and I can start hunting again without the fear for my life.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:09 PM

Well, unfortunately I have to agree with you guys on most things stated. Majority of the people that I know who gun hunt ,it is there one and only week to be in the woods for the year. Majority of them do no target practicing, they merely hope that when they wake up opening morning their gun still fires and they have enough shells laying around to get through the season. Many put beer as a larger priority than their gear or preperation. Alot of it makes me sick , but mostly its the disregard for the animal they hunt. Wild shots, no thought into shot placement, and the dreaded "if its brown its down mentality."

After all that, I do gun hunt, and it is one of the most enjoyable weeks of the entire year for me, not because of the hunt, but because I get to hunt directly with my father, grandfather, sister, uncles and cousins. Its a family gathering basically filled with ribbing, laughs, and a overall great time. No beer, no partying, just good clean fun and stories of the hunt, stories that get relived and become bigger every year. As long as that continues, I will always be a gun hunter. That time with all my family together and doing one of the sports I love is very special to me. I think many overlook this aspect of the gun season, especially those that have never been part of such a great ritual.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunately Craig, from my perspective, guys like you and your family members are the exception and not the rule. I am not against gun season. I am just against those guys and girls that you and I both know are out there. I hope no one here thought I was downing all people who hunt with a gun. I was using a blanket statement and I should not have. I just think that there are a much larger percentage of gun hunters who are slobs than bow hunters.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:31 PM

Its too bad, but your statements are dead accurate. I agree fully that there are a huge group of gun hunters out there who are slobs, but there are some groups that do not fall under that category, some groups that are good for this sport. Unfortunately it seems these groups are few and far between and getting to be less. Should my family group ever break up, I probably would not continue to gun hunt whitetails.

Now, no slacking of the rest of you!!!! We need more bucks on the ground! Havent heard from LTK in a while, he's got a big 'un downI bet. Some big old Louisianna swamp buck.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

We just need one for now to put us on top. Then the rest of you can go get one to pull us away from everyone while they watch the championship team slip out of reach again.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:44 PM

yeah whats up guys? i thought there were gonna be some bucks on here! hopefully it happens, good luck boys
Old 11-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

THIS LOUISIANA WEATHER SUCKS!!!!! Man, 80 deg one day and 60 the next. Mostly 70's and 80's. I am not using this for an excuse by any means. But dang it sure is hard to keep at it in this weather. I have been hunting at every chance and have some hopeful areas yet to be intruded on by other hunters. I will be on vacation for the entire week after Thanksgiving. I have notified my fellow employees and boss that the pager will be powered down for the duration. YES!!! Hopefully, with a lot of luck and patience along with some killer places to set up, I WILL GET THIS DONE !!! I am determined to get a bow buck this season. PERIOD!!

Later guys, and good luck to the rest of the team!

LT

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.