Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

It must be nice to be able to take a P&Y buck in your hunting area. My buck was 4 1/2 and above average for my hunting area. If I ever see a 150 in the Texas Hill Country I will at least try to kill it. I don't care if he's a yearling.......

-john
Old 11-13-2007, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

John, I hope you don't think I was trying to brag or rub in my circumstance when it comes to deer. I am actually amazed at this news b/c I always thought that they were 3.5. Although, I am still having a hard time believing that those bucks were not 3.5 but we are going to get together this weekend to see if he can convince me
Old 11-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

On that subject... Another 100 acres is for sale that borders my farm and my parents' farm to the north. How much would you guys pay for a 100 lease in Ohio knowing that we have 2.5 year olds that make the book?Ok, that is kind of serious actually. I am trying to figure out if there is any way whatsoever that I could acquire that farm.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:35 AM

I honestly thought texas was known for big deer state wide. Why the difference in your area? Or does everyone just see texas bucks that are on highly managed ranches? I hunted pigs SW of San Antonio a few years back I seriously couldnt believe the bucks they considered to be management deer. These were 150 class bucks and they wanted them out. Now if only I had been able to pony up 4 grand I coulda had me one of them, no thanks.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:42 AM

Well a 100 acre farm in my part of MN would go for about 3500-5000/acre. So I would expect to pay close to half a million. Now is that with or without a house on it. Ifit iswithout a house no way in hell could I do it. Want to yes, could I, nope. The prices of land just keep going up and up and I see no end in sight, it gets harder and harder to find places to hunt for the average joe and plain and simple, they dont make land anymore.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:44 AM

Hey whats everyone do for a living? We probably went through this but I dont want to look through 67 pages.

I am a manager of a State Park in Minnesota and work for the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. Been at this 3 years. Prior to that a wildlife biologist for the feds.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:51 AM
Typical Buck

I am a network engineer. I work for the u.s. government
Old 11-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Typical Buck

I took no offense in the post. Hell I'm proud that you have big deer. I just wish that I was there with you...LOL.

Most of Texas does have big deer but the hill country is a little different. We have LOTS of deer but they are small. They rarely get enough to eat. If you take the average 110 deer here and fed him good he would become a 140 - 150 type of deer. Its just hard without the high fence to pump that much feed out. ALso this ground is way to rocky and the rain fall way to unpredicatable to grow a food plot.

I am a programmer. Since 1993 I have for a company that has computer systems for farm implement dealers. HBS Systems.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Police Officer for the past 8 years
Old 11-13-2007, 10:30 AM

Full time student at the Univ. of WI Stevens Point, going for wildlife management. I also work on a local dairy farm, but I gotta find a new job soon because I'm not making enough at all.

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.