Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 11-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

Craig, they are asking $385K without a house, barn, nada but land. I don't see it going for that, but you never know. I was asking what you guys would expect to pay to have a hunting lease on something like that though.

I am a mechanical engineer.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:34 AM

just curious, how many years have you guys been in this contest? This is my 4th year now.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Typical Buck

This is my fourth year also. The way it looks right now, all I have to do is get on a legal buck to put us out front. Now I am kicking myself for letting those two 1.5 6 points walk on the second saturday. Since then, I haven't had any action close enough or light enough to count. I feel as though I get jinxed. If I don't shoot the first buck that presents a shot, I won't see anything to shoot at all season.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ron, dont feel bad. I passed on a 115-120's 8pt that would have equaled my best archery buck. I too am holding out for soemthing better. We have plenty of time.

2nd year in contest
Old 11-13-2007, 11:35 AM
Typical Buck

This is my second year in the contest.

For a lease in Texas you will pay between $1000 - $2500 for a normal lease. The big time places in South Texas go for a lot more then that. I know people that pay $10,000 + every year. On the place in Harper I pay $1500. It has an old cabin that I have done a fair bit of work on. It now has running water, a shower, and electricity. The lease is nice. I share it with 4 other people. It is only 621 acres, but it is thick. Since we are about 99% bowhunting only it works out ok.

-john
Old 11-13-2007, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is only my second year for the contest. I am an electronics engineer. I design Capacitors for high power applications. Lots of wind power and solar power applications right now.

Yeah Ron don't sweat it, Dennis has already promised to shoot a monster deer (No pressure though!) J/K

Jester is probably off in the Carribean somewhere warm (lucky), LTK is scoping out local Zoo stand placements and Berwin is sitting back drinking a few cold ones cheering us on while he waits for his buck to come back from the Taxy.

Jim,
Can I come and move in next to you on that 100 acres?
Old 11-13-2007, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Heck, any one of you guys would be welcomed neighbors as far as I am concerned. Please be my guest Justin if you have any desire to move here.

This is my second year in the contest. I don't know what it is like to lose, and I don't want to find out either
Old 11-13-2007, 12:08 PM

3rd year in the contest.

The lease scene has just started to hit MN. The last couple of years I have heard of a few around my area but for the most part is still just askfor permission and then provide a few gifts or help on the farm. I guess this is a good thing but I'm sure it is only a matter of time before I will have to pay to hunt anything but the family farm, so I have no idea what I would expect to pay. Gimmie a few years to get back to you.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Typical Buck

I am at the point that I don't even want to ask the farms around where I live. Majority of the farms are Menninite (sp.) and have 15 to 20 people hunting it from start of archery to the end of rifle. There is no chance to geton those and the rest are pretty much not worth hunting or posted and won't even let you ask. I will just have to stick to hunting public land and hope that nobody finds my spot.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:59 AM
Typical Buck

Wow and the good news keep getting better. I was talking to a buddy that was hunting in my other stand location, and he said that there was at least 10 different legal buck around him last saturday morning. I now know where to be during rifle season. He told me what happens when the shooting starts out here.

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.