Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

ORIGINAL: drhntr178

Its like we're getting to know each other all over again. And its official, "uncle sam's rejects!"

Im 28 years oldand havea beautiful girlfriend(no wife or kids). I was in the Army National Guard for 8 yrs as an MP, did tours in honduras and kosovo. Im currently a police officer and have been for the past 7 years.
Although turkey hunting is my first passion (bowhunting is a close second), Ivebeen bowhuntingsince i was 16.I really started dedicating myself to bowhunting 4 years ago. Im in the woods at least 45-50 days, sometimes more, every fall. I am the president and part owner of a 200 acre hunting club (FCHC) in north MO (2 miles from the IA border). I also hunt my parent's farm and a couple of my friend's farms.
In between turkey hunting and bowhunting my 3yr old yellow lab makes me go dove and duck hunting.
Oh man we got the Po-Po on our team

ORIGINAL: TX Hoghunter
Not only was it not planned but I just thought we were practicing... I had no clue I was still in the game...
That is one of the funniest things I have heard in quite a while.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for making me laugh today guys. I have not been in the service either and am 27 as well. I have been married for 7 years now and have two daughters now one being 3 and the other 7 months. I killed my first deer with a bow when I was 14 (it was also the largest deer I have been able to shoot to date) (going to change that this year though).. I did get out of bow hunting for about 4 years while in college and then after I moved here since I didn't know anyone to hunt with.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:35 PM

Very Nice guys!

I am an Uncle Sam Reject but for different reasons. After I graduated last May I was going to sign up for the Army, but I have a bad health record with my ear (tubes many times and one in right now) so I couldn't get in.
Anyway I am 18, going to college this fall and plan on majoring in Wildlife Management and Research, with biology minor and maybe a soil conservation minor. I've been in the woods since I was 3 and began hunting on my own at the age of 12. I've taken 18 deer over the course of those years.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: huntingson

ORIGINAL: drhntr178

Its like we're getting to know each other all over again. And its official, "uncle sam's rejects!"

Im 28 years oldand havea beautiful girlfriend(no wife or kids). I was in the Army National Guard for 8 yrs as an MP, did tours in honduras and kosovo. Im currently a police officer and have been for the past 7 years.
Although turkey hunting is my first passion (bowhunting is a close second), Ivebeen bowhuntingsince i was 16.I really started dedicating myself to bowhunting 4 years ago. Im in the woods at least 45-50 days, sometimes more, every fall. I am the president and part owner of a 200 acre hunting club (FCHC) in north MO (2 miles from the IA border). I also hunt my parent's farm and a couple of my friend's farms.
In between turkey hunting and bowhunting my 3yr old yellow lab makes me go dove and duck hunting.
Oh man we got the Po-Po on our team
Someones got to police this team

Old 08-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Almost forgot.....What state/s is everyone hunting? Just Missouri for me.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Beagle001

Very Nice guys!

I am an Uncle Sam Reject but for different reasons. After I graduated last May I was going to sign up for the Army, but I have a bad health record with my ear (tubes many times and one in right now) so I couldn't get in.
Anyway I am 18, going to college this fall and plan on majoring in Wildlife Management and Research, with biology minor and maybe a soil conservation minor. I've been in the woods since I was 3 and began hunting on my own at the age of 12. I've taken 18 deer over the course of those years.
You're still in the club. I got medically discharged after getting injured during training for Iraq, so it all still counts. I envy your choice in major. I should have done something more along those lines than mechanical engineering. It pays the bills but that is about all I can say about it.

ORIGINAL drhntr178

Almost forgot.....What state/s is everyone hunting? Just Missouri for me.
That is a good one to hunt. I am only hunting Ohio for deer. Unless I tag one early, then I may go to Indiana as well.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Typical Buck

Sometimes I go over to Mississippi to hunt, but it is more a visit then a hunting trip. 99% of my hunting will be in Texas.

-john
Old 08-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

I am only hunting in PA. Since my son is also hunting and in this contest, I am moving my stand away from his so we get to shot whatever buck we see instead of him getting first shot. I will still be there to watch over him but I won't be right beside him. I will let the little ones walk, but the big one will be mine.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

MD - Annapolis area.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:19 PM

Central Wisconsin here... my county is number 4 in the last ten years as far as Pope and Young class bucks taken in our state and number 1 and 2 between my neighboring county for total kill.

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.