Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

Wheatley, i have a pair of matching sheds i found last year from an 8 that scored 148.Found on the farm Im hunting tonight and tommorrow. Im sure he'll make 150 this year
Old 11-12-2007, 08:29 AM

ill have to get a picture of my girlfriends buck. she shot a main frame 8 that scored 150+. that thing was a pig
Old 11-12-2007, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wish I could have found the other side. The one side I had measured 67 and some change. I am guessing he would have been over 15" wide minimum so that would put him close to 150. That shed carries mass all the way thru it. It is very impressive. One of these years I will get the right situation and the right deer and get me one of them monsters. Maybe next year when we are defending our second title
Old 11-12-2007, 09:05 AM

Huntingson, I have been looking into the rages too, but for as much good asI hear about it I hear bad too, the number one complaint I read over and over again is that the blades open in the quiver, while you are walking and even in mid flight, that kind of worries me. I love the way the blades open and the size, Ryan any experiences with the concerns I have stated.

The one that I have heard no bad about is the NAP spitfire. I've seen few complaints and if I try one it willprobably be this one. The close second was the Wasp Jakhammer, this is the one you are using but arent happy with??

Good to hear from ya drhtnr, go put a big 'un down.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:04 AM

the only thing is if you bump them in the quiver they open, but i dont think they open prematurely in flight if the rubber band is in good condition. I had one that I had used previously and I had trouble keeping it closed, so i changed the o-ring and it was good as new. I know that is all I'll be using for a long time
Old 11-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

MN, I am using fixed blade Wasp Hammer and not the mechanical Jackhammer (I know could they be more confusing[&:])

My neighbor used the Spitfires last year. He hit 2 deer and did not get good penetration on either of them and threw the rest of the Spitfires away. I have heard that they have a problem with deflection if shot at an angle, which would be a problem for treestand hunting or any quartering shots. I had not thought about problems in the quiver with mechanicals. That could be a real pain in the neck while stalking animals. When you reach for an arrow out of your quiver and the broadhead blades are flapping around. I am going to have to think this through. I am not sure yet, but I would sure like to see entrance/exit holes like Beagle's.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:33 AM

I wish I would have taken a picture of the hole from that doe I shot. because of the angle it left close to a 4 inch hole. The blood was insane.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:15 AM
Typical Buck

Well Saturday sucked for me. How do I start it off. My son was dragging his butt all morning, it took him almost 20 minutes to get dressed. I gave him the car keys so that if he got cold, he can go back without coming to me, well he hit the damn panic button on accident and we couldn't get it to shut off. Well I finally get in the tree as the sun was rising. Really pissed off. I can here deer moving to the east of me moving to the north, to the direction that I had another stand location. Well at about 7:30 I here a buddy of mine shot his crossbow. Around 8:30 - 8:45 ( my magic hour for that area, when I see deer, it is usually at this time) I here crunching about 50 yards out in the thick stuff. I am getting pumped! I grab my bow, attach my release and get ready. All of the sudden, I see the other hunter come out of the thicket. He hit a good buck, but it left no blood. Preety much screwed my whole day. I have a slight break coming up, until rifle season, which I am only rifle hunting 2 days with my dad, and then the rest will be archery. Congrats to you all on some great looking deer.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:22 AM
Typical Buck

Great looking deer everyone! I am starting to feel pretty good about our chances.

On the Rages they work great IF you are smarter then the broadhead.....LOL. When you nock your arrow simply make sure that the blades are locked down at that time and you should be fine. Also they have now come out with replacement blades for them. I think they are running about $15.00 for a pack of 3.

-john
Old 11-13-2007, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, my neighbor who is a wildlife biologist as well as a certified jaw ager (seriously) aged my buck at 2.5 years old. I almost cried. I mean, I don't know if I could have passed him up anyway, but I really didn't want to kill a buck under 3.5. It also made me start thinking about what freaky genetics we must have around here if a 2.5 year old could go 150". He also shot a really nice 10 that would go upper 130's to lower 140's that was 2.5 as well. I need to figure out some way to get the bucks to live longer around here and then LOOK OUT.

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.