Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

I just realized I never told you guys anything about myself. I am 27 years old, married for 5 years, I have a 19 month old son who is awesome, I own the farm next to my parents' farm and also next to my grandparents' farm, which works out great b/c it is like having 3 farms. I have been hunting since I was 6, and my dad started taking me with him to hunt when I was 4. I have been a bowhunting freak since then but I really started hunting hard the last 4 years. Before that I probably only hunted 15-20 times a year even though I loved it but with school and sports and then the 6 years I spent in the Marine Corpsit was hard to get out more than that. I have successfully hunted white tails, mule deer, elk, and Quebec-Labrador caribou. I am always up for hunting something new as long as my bank account can handle it
Old 08-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

My turn...

I'm 34, was in the Coast Guard for 8 years, I've been married for 10. I have a great 7 years son who plays football and LAX(I've been his LAX coach for 4 years now). I've only been a bow hunter for 3 (going on 4) years now but I'm addicted. I pretty much never use my shotgun or muzzle now.

When I'm not hunting (or dreaming about hunting) I take my son fishing on my boat and and I play guitar in a bluse band.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Jester...huntingson......

Just one of the great things we find out when the contest starts and we get to learn more about each other. Never knew that about you guys.......

Thanks for your service, gentlemen.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:27 AM
Typical Buck

Let me chime in here. Iam 32 and havebeen married going on 11 years. I have 3 children. 14 year old son( He is also in this archery contest on RD Hunters team) a 9 year old son ( I coach his baseball team) and a 2 1/2 year old daughter. I have been hunting since I was 12. Took a long break for 7 1/2 years due to the Army. Just started archery three years ago and have loved it since.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man, if this trend continues we may have to change our team name to "Unlce Sam's Rejects"Nice to learn a bit about you guys.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:35 AM
Typical Buck

My turn and I hate to break the tread but I have never been in the service....LOL. I did go to Texas A&M University and have a huge amount of respect for all of the services. I am 41 (ya'll are making me feel old). I have been married for 20 years and have 3 daughters. The youngest is 6, the middle one is 13 and the oldest one id 20 (and no we did not plan it that way). I started going to the deer lease when I was too small to remember but by the time I was 9 my dad was pretty ill and he died when I was 13. I started hunting when I got to college. I learned to shoot a bow in 1986 at TAMU but did not hunt with it much until last year. All of my girls love to hunt, so I hope the tradition continues.

-john
Old 08-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: TX_Hoghunter

My turn and I hate to break the tread but I have never been in the service....LOL.

-john
That is OK brother... It's all about diversity!
Old 08-13-2007, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its like we're getting to know each other all over again. And its official, "uncle sam's rejects!"

Im 28 years oldand havea beautiful girlfriend(no wife or kids). I was in the Army National Guard for 8 yrs as an MP, did tours in honduras and kosovo. Im currently a police officer and have been for the past 7 years.
Although turkey hunting is my first passion (bowhunting is a close second), Ivebeen bowhuntingsince i was 16.I really started dedicating myself to bowhunting 4 years ago. Im in the woods at least 45-50 days, sometimes more, every fall. I am the president and part owner of a 200 acre hunting club (FCHC) in north MO (2 miles from the IA border). I also hunt my parent's farm and a couple of my friend's farms.
In between turkey hunting and bowhunting my 3yr old yellow lab makes me go dove and duck hunting.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TX_Hoghunter

(and no we did not plan it that way
-john
You mean some people plan those sorts of things?

I am not one of those people either
Old 08-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Typical Buck

Not only was it not planned but I just thought we were practicing... I had no clue I was still in the game.....

-john

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.