Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 09-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

Hope you get to call as well. I will be out of cell phone coverage in the Rockies. I guess I will just have to wait until I get back to see what happens.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:18 PM

sorry i havent been on lately. college is hectic! anyways im hunting hard all weekend, hopefully see something. tonight there wasnt a single deer on the big field where i was seein the nice ones. other news from my area... my bro shot a nubber. ive got mixed feelings on it. i mean im happy for him, but it still sucks. o well, can't take arrows back after theyre released. take care guys!
Old 09-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Beagle, I hear ya on the nubber. It would be pretty hard to believe that someone could not tell that 1) it was a fawn so you know you have to look for that and 2) once you know that you miss the nubs. Oh well, just a mistake IMO, but nothing to worry over.

My first day was pretty good although nothing to show. I had 7 does come by, 2 as close as 6 yards. My dad was hunting one of our observation stands and saw 15. The problem is between us we saw one buck and it was a 1.5 year old. Anyway, we know this guy is out there. Just need him to step out in the daylight.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:52 PM

Hey guys, sorry I havent been around lately. I had a death in the fanily and have been in Pittsburgh for the last three weeks. Nothing to report as far as hunting success. Havent been out. I well be after them now though. Once again sorry for not being around.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, 7.5 hrs and I will be perched in the heated, mosquitoe infested, thermacell burning, woods of Louisiana waiting on the monster buck of my dreams to show up. I would settle for a doe. Hope whatever it is it shows up before the temp gets up to the predicted high of 89 deg. Wish me luck guys. I am excited and ready. I will post results around noon tomorrow. Oct 1st here we go.

LT
Old 10-01-2007, 05:34 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry to hear that BB! I was out on Saturday and saw 5 deer. 4 doe and 1 small 4 point. I can't get out again until this Saturday, so I am once again counting the days.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am sorry to hear that Michael. Hell man, you've got nothing to apologize for. Best of luck getting back after them. You deserve a big one for sure.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:28 AM

BDD!!!!
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...2007BowDoe.jpg
I shot this big doe last night. she came sneaking in just before 6. all i can say is, those Rage Broadheads are DEVESTATING!!! I have never ever seen a deer bleed like that from bow or gun. she flipped over immediately after the hit, got up took off tripping and falling like crazy. i watched her die, but wanted to check out the blood trail. absolutely insane. blood was shooting out both sides of her covering a span of 7 feet in some parts. lets say Ronnie Milsap could've followed that trail. wow
Old 10-01-2007, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Ryan!! Yes those rages are something else. Glad to see you had succes with them!
Old 10-01-2007, 09:51 PM

Way to draw some blood Ryan, now on to the antlers!

I was out tonight and had a 6 pointer walk by at 25 yards, then he stopped, and came back past at 20 yards, and again turned and walked by at 15 and stopped to scratch his offside ear with his hoof, completely hiding his head and opening his vitals. He wanted to be shot!

Had a couple does also but just couldnt get a shot on them. We need a good freeze here to get rid of the skeeters. I bought a thermacell today and was very impressed, the thing works as well as advertised.

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.