Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

Hey John, it's Friday and that means the next two days will go very fast so that should help out a little. Then there is only one more full week and it will be here. You got everything ready yet?
Old 09-21-2007, 02:45 PM
Typical Buck

Man I have been ready....LOL. I am going tomorrow to buy my 13 year old daughter a bow. I will probably get me a used recurve at the same time. Having something new to play with should help me get though the week......

-john
Old 09-22-2007, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

When is this heat gooing to break? Its been 90 degress everyday this week here in MO. I havent hunted this little during the opening week in a long time. Ive told myself Im not hunting again until it cools off. The deer better watch out when it does. Im itching to put something down and we need the first score for our team.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good news boys! I just secured a 650 acre lease on the Ohio/Indiana border so now I can hunt 2 states! I live 14 miles from the border, so this place is only 20 minutes from my farm. I can't believe this actually fell together. It is an unbelieveable piece of property too. Mostly big woods with one 20 acre corn field, one 20 acre bean field, and scattered 5-10 acre hay fields. There are grassy areas, thick cover, open woods, you name it! There are 4 lakes to waterfowl on and fish, turkeys, deer... I am so excited for the leaves to fall so I can go check this place out better. I'll keep y'all posted.

I also finally have all my stands up. I moved a lot of my stands this year and I think the new locations, even though they are as little as15 yards from the old locations, are going to pay big dividends. I am more excited for this season than I have been in I don't know how many years. Tic, toc, tic, toc....
Old 09-24-2007, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet! That sounds like a nice place to be on. I didn't go out yesterday at all. It was 91° with a 40 mph south wind.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, the heat is certainly not good. It is supposed to cool down throughout the week here, so hoepfully opening morning will be nice.

The corn on my farm and grandparents' farm is being harvested as we speak. I wish it would have stayed standing another couple of weeks. Oh well, what can you do?
Old 09-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds promising. Good luck.

Ths best news that I have is I got my daughter a bow on Saturday. She is only pulling 30 pounds right now. In Texas she needs to get to 40 before she can hunt with it, but I don't think it will take her long. Yesterday she probably shot it about 150 times and I have now increased the pull to about 32 pounds. We will see how she does tonight. Right now at 20 yards she is putting them in about a 6 inch group. Not to bad to just be starting.

-john

P.S. I don't think Friday will ever get here.....
Old 09-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not bad at all John. Sounds like she is off to a great start!
Old 09-24-2007, 08:23 PM

It sounds liek you locked up a nice piece of property. When the migration heads your way let me know and I can rid you of some ducks.

Good luck to your daughter, I think thats great she is shooting a bow.

Times are slow right now. I'm not seeing deer in bean or hay fields at all which leads me to believe they are staying in the woods eating acorns of which we have a good crop this year. When there's lots of acorns it makes the hunting tough as you cant focus on a tree or two and so far I am obviously not finding their preffered trees. Its supposed to cool down this week, tomorrow the high is supposed to be 55 so hopefully that helps.

Who took and when was our first deer taken last year? Theres been some nice ones taken already.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:25 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys, just checking in to see how everyone is doing.... I saw a little basket 6 and couple of does last night... Pretty slow here, but it is still warm during the day.

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.