Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

Best of luck John. I hope she gets a nice broadside 10 yarder.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, My furnace crapped out on me so I have been playing with that the whole time I am home. I need to order all kinds of parts and just replace everything. This is going to be fun for the next couple of days. Of course we had the coldest night of the fall last night as well. If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's terrible Justin. I hope it goes well for you. I think that all of your good luck is just being saved up for that monster double drop tine you are going to arrow.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I just picked up the dog from the vet again. They dont think its a tick borne disease anymore. Now they think its Lupus. The tests results should be back by thursday. I sure hope they get it diagnosed soon for my dogs sake and mine.

As of right now, it looks like Ill finally get in the woods next week Wed and Thursday (24th-25th). After that my vacation starts oct. 29th and Ill be off until November 19th. Barring any extreme problems with the dog I should be in the woods that entire time. Plenty of time to kill a nice wall hanger.

We have to get John some company on the score card thread!
Old 10-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got all my parts today and I just rewired the entire thing and it is up and running now. Now I can get to some other things and hunting.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:24 PM

Hey guys, I think I need to drop out of the contest. I'm sorry but I am probably done bowhunting for the year. My dad is coming out in a few weeks. Our gun season opens on Sunday and I want to kill an elk. I had a death in the family and my heart just isn't in the contest this year. I apologize, but at this point I am just dead weight. Please let me know your tyhoughts.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Michael, sorry to hear about your loss. A death is never an easy thing to deal with. If you want to kill an elk, get out there and get one. More power to you. But your still part of this team, even if you dont bowhunt the rest of the season. Im sure the rest of the team will feel the same. Things happen that we cant control. Good luck on getting your elk and again my condolences on your family's loss.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:54 PM

its not up to us... you've got the final call
i agree tho, you are part of this team, you know, the one that won this thing last year? so we are all behind u regardless of your decision.
my sympathies to you and ur family and i hope things work out. take it easy bud
Old 10-17-2007, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Michael, heck man you aren't dead weight and let's be honest with each other. This contest doesn't mean anything. It is fun and it would be great to win, but what is much more important are the people. I'm just glad to have gotten to know you guys over the last couple seasons. No team has ever "tagged out" so you not getting one is not going to make or break our chances anyway. All I would ask of you is that you check in with us every now and again and let us know how your hunt with your dad went and how things are going. Beyond that, I don't care if you decide not to hunt. Whatever you do, just try to enjoy it. Now go get an elk my friend!!!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

Mike,
There is no such thing as dead weight. Look at me, I was one that didn't score last year, but you all pulled through and got us here. Let us try to pull it through this year. Sorry to hear about your loss and my condolenses (sp) to your family.

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.