Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread >

13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 07:47 PM

Default RE: 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

2 more days boys, 2 more
Old 10-13-2006, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Put us on the board Little Yellowjacket! Our pre-rut should be starting in a week and a half or so.

Our temps dropped quite a bit the last couple of days, but it was really windy (25mph or so). I went out last night in it because the temp was 32 degrees, but all I seen was a button and a doe. Hopefully this weekend the wind has died down and the deer are moving.

One of my better hunts (Tue.) I took my youngest son (Garhet, 6) out to my buddy ladder stand and we had a doe come in to about 5 feet. I was really proud of him, she was there for about 5 minutes browsing and looking around. Near the end she looked at us, gave some head bobs and took one half jump. I thought he would jerk, but he stayed still and she kept browsing around usfor about ten more minutes and finally walked off. Garhet said to give her the "fake cough", I finally figured out he wanted me to use the lil'can bleat call. I tipped it over once and she came back in for another 5 minutes or so. I almost shot her, but I like to shoot does in the late season andkeep them around for the rut. I'll be off for ten daysat the start ofNov. (usually rutting time here), so hopefully she'll bring her boyfried by!
Old 10-15-2006, 07:02 AM

Well, went out this morning, and didn't see a thing. I saw a nice six or eight on the side of the road just before my turn off. I heard a buck grunt, and take off. I also heard a deer bleat about 100 yards from my stand. Looking good being its the first day I been out.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:20 AM

Still got alot of crop in around here but they are taking it out fast now. Went out Saturday and had no luck but as soon as they quit moving them around should be good.

Old 10-16-2006, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

Theres still alot of corn standing around here too. Went out several times last week and saw alot of does and a few 1 1/2 year old bucks. Haven't seen a mature buck yet.
I did shoot a doe yesterday about an hour before dark in a spot I had never hunted before. I had picked a tree out a couple weeks before season in this area because it wasn't a long way from a parking area (public land) and seemed like a good place to kill a doe and not have to work my rear off to get it out of the woods. I was set in the tree in my climber at 3:45 and shot her at 4:55. After a short tracking job, field dressing, and getting her out of the woods I was home about 7:30, about the same time my wife and kids were expecting me. My son asked if I had shot anything so I said "yeah, I shot the ground". Of course he thought I missed oneso I said the arrow hit the ground right after it went through the deer.
I'm not expecting to see any big bucks for a couple of weeks on public land but you can bet I will be out there anyway. Good luck and safe hunting.

Old 10-16-2006, 08:39 PM

havent seen much activity lately, but hopefully the deer will start moving again weve had some terrible wetaher the past few days that have kept the deer bedded
Old 10-18-2006, 01:09 PM

Nice deer! Hopefully we can get some bucks too. Once again, nice deer and good job.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:20 AM
Fork Horn

I still have a ton of corn still standing on the farm I hunt. The movement is not real good right now. They are leaving the corn up until late November. It's gonna make hunting them tough. they don't have to leave the corn. I am headed out this afternoon ahead of the cold front coming in in VA. Hopefully they will be moving by my stand. I have only been out a couple of times this year. I will be on Travel and in class for the next two weeks, so my time is going to be real short for hunting.After that I'm off for two straigt weeks for huning. I should be able to put one in the books for us by then. I'll keep you posted.

Good luck and happy hunting

02B
Old 10-19-2006, 12:17 PM

im proud for everyone that has the opportunity to score for our team but, this year my hunting will be limited as I lost one of my primary places to hunt through an ongoing dispute, but i will try my hardest to strike for us

go Lungbusters
Old 10-22-2006, 05:46 PM

Well, fellers, I ain't seen nothin.

Quick Reply: 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.