HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 06:20 PM
C-WOODS-SHOOT
Fork Horn

Default RE: 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Theres still alot of corn standing around here too. Went out several times last week and saw alot of does and a few 1 1/2 year old bucks. Haven't seen a mature buck yet.
I did shoot a doe yesterday about an hour before dark in a spot I had never hunted before. I had picked a tree out a couple weeks before season in this area because it wasn't a long way from a parking area (public land) and seemed like a good place to kill a doe and not have to work my rear off to get it out of the woods. I was set in the tree in my climber at 3:45 and shot her at 4:55. After a short tracking job, field dressing, and getting her out of the woods I was home about 7:30, about the same time my wife and kids were expecting me. My son asked if I had shot anything so I said "yeah, I shot the ground". Of course he thought I missed oneso I said the arrow hit the ground right after it went through the deer.
I'm not expecting to see any big bucks for a couple of weeks on public land but you can bet I will be out there anyway. Good luck and safe hunting.