Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread >

13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Well, since my last post about getting my camera stolen, I went out and bought another one. This time I bought a Cuddeback. I then welded a metalframe and heavy guage chain to enclose the cameraandlockit to the tree. It would take alot of sweat and blood to get that thing off the tree. It would probably be easier to cut the tree down.
I went out sunday evening at 4:00 and hung it over my feeding station. I went back out yesterday evening to check it and put more feed out. It had 75 pics on it and the memory card was full, so I pulled it andtook it home to see what I had.In the past I had a stealth cam (35mm) anda moultrie 2.1 that got stolen before I got to check it. My stealth cam took horrible pics and very few at that. 90% of the time there wasn't even anything in the pics. So I was extremely excited to discover that I had 75 pics of deer!! That's right 75 pics in less than 48 hours. Now manyof thepics were of the same deer, but nevertheless I spotted 5 different bucks and several does and fawns. None of the bucks were mature, but that was only in a 36 hour period. The cardtook its last pic at 4:30 a.m. on tuesday morning.There weren't any random pics. Every pic had a deer in it. To say the least, I love my new Cuddeback!!! I saved all the pics to my computer at home and I will save a few toa disc and upload them tomorrow for you guys to see as I can only access the net from work.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:14 PM

Sounds sweet! I am going out tonight to a hotspot for bucks. Saw three different one withing a half hour so well see.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

About 59 more hours and I'll be sitting in a tree wondering what this year will bring. Definately some good expieriences and hopefully few bad ones.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:54 PM

Check out thedoe i got on opening morning in the bowhunting forum
Old 10-06-2006, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here are a few good pics a buddy of mine got on his lease. A couple of good shooters in there.

Old 10-07-2006, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

Well hopefully he's a good buddy and your hunting this lease

I didn't see anything Wed. or Thur., Friday morning I seen six does and fawns and Friday night I took my son Hunter out and we seen four does. I told him we would shoot one if we got a shot, but they stayed in the thick stuff and never gave us a shot until after shooting hours so we just watched their silhouettes. We had one doe about six feet from the stand in the back of us and I think I could hear Hunter breathing hard which was cool. I hope the times we go hunting and see deer helps him when he is old enough to hunt, I remember when I first started going and shaking so bad when I seen deer I though I was going to fall out of the tree.

Chris
Old 10-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I only got out in the woods twice this week but I did have does within shooting range both times. Hopefully in about a month or so some of them will have mature bucks following them. Afront is suppose to come through and cool things down on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to that as it is in the low 80's here today. Good luck and safe hunting.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I killed a big 94# doe Saturday evening. I hunted Saturday morning but nothing moved untill around 9:00 that morning. Never had anything come in range. Saturday evening I went back out and had a mature doe, yearling doe, and a fork horn come in. After watching them for several minutes, I decided to do some herd managment. The mature doe stepped out broadside at 25 yards and I sent an 85gr Thunderhead through both lungs. She mule kicked so high she almost flipped then she charged under my stand and down the field edge out of my site. I waited about 30 minutes to get down. I retrieved my arrow and took up the blood trail. She traveled the field edge and finally checked out approx. 120 yards from where I shot her. Perfect shot placement and theThunderhead performedperfectly.Unfortunatly, I didn't get any pics ofher, I was alone and took her straight to the check stationand processor from thefield. That's my first animal taken with my new Diamond Justice, and I couldn't be happier with it.

I went out last night and had a young eight point and fork horn come in. They sparred around for awhile untill a doe and yealing came in. They turned their interest to her and began chasing her around. She even squated and pee'd. The eight point then went and checked where she urinated and then went and made a scrape right under my tree. He even broke some small branches off of the tree I was sitting in!! They finally left her alone and let her and her little one feed. Seeing all that action made for an exciting night. I know it's only a matter of time before that big boy steps out and gives me an oppurtunity.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:33 PM

you gonna let us see the pics?????
but seriously nice way to get that justice devirginized
Old 10-11-2006, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry Ite 622, I didn't get any pics of her. I was by myself and I didn't have time to go home and get pics of her and then get to the check station and processor before they closed, and it was way to warm to wait till the next morning to take her to the processor. I guess I need to start taking my digital camera with me and trying to set it to auto to get some pics in the future.

Quick Reply: 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.