HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 10:18 AM
HUNGAR
Fork Horn

Default RE: 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Put us on the board Little Yellowjacket! Our pre-rut should be starting in a week and a half or so.

Our temps dropped quite a bit the last couple of days, but it was really windy (25mph or so). I went out last night in it because the temp was 32 degrees, but all I seen was a button and a doe. Hopefully this weekend the wind has died down and the deer are moving.

One of my better hunts (Tue.) I took my youngest son (Garhet, 6) out to my buddy ladder stand and we had a doe come in to about 5 feet. I was really proud of him, she was there for about 5 minutes browsing and looking around. Near the end she looked at us, gave some head bobs and took one half jump. I thought he would jerk, but he stayed still and she kept browsing around usfor about ten more minutes and finally walked off. Garhet said to give her the "fake cough", I finally figured out he wanted me to use the lil'can bleat call. I tipped it over once and she came back in for another 5 minutes or so. I almost shot her, but I like to shoot does in the late season andkeep them around for the rut. I'll be off for ten daysat the start ofNov. (usually rutting time here), so hopefully she'll bring her boyfried by!