Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread >

36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 02:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Like I said over in Bowhunting, Germ she's a biggun. I'm sure Jeff is thinking of us right now while lying in Cancun.....yeah right, I know what he's thinking, look at the thong on that one over there AND, she's no match for my gorgeous wife...lol

I doubt a whitetail or us ole boys crossed his mind..lol He should get a kick out of that if he rereads what he misses..HI Jeff,

Anywho, or season is only 2 weeks old, 4 weeks to go with colder weather, hotter does, anxious bucks, it's going to get good. I'll be in a tree for another sit and stare tomorrow evening.

Congrats again Germ, Beunos Noches Jeff.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes 4 more good weeks!!! This stand I hunt is great, but I will be in northen MI next weekend. So by the time I get back the corn will be gone, once the corn is gone this stand goes cold.

Deer not so brave without all their cover, LOL

Yeah, I am sure Jeff is thinking about us, HI Jeff, I hope you get sand in your eye, an a nice sun burn
Old 10-15-2006, 03:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

I hate to do this, but look at these babies!!

Old 10-15-2006, 05:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm, now tell us how ya gonna cut them up, some butter, garlic, mushrooms, mmmmm
Old 10-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

You read my mind, that is how I cooked them. Also with some fried potatoes[8D]
Old 10-15-2006, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

wow...look at you guys typin up a storm!! i jut got home from a lonnng day. work 7-4..then got home and ran to dicks and gander mountain with the girlfriend. gander didnt have much...like always..nothing great[:@] but i did find some Dead Down Wind since my white lightning is getting a bit low...and i dont like it leaving white crap all over my stuff. and deer tracks to compliment the turkey tracks on my back window of my Jimmy. also got some "trails end" and scent wicks. heard alot of good about it for the prerut and early seasons..we will see. hunting the orchard in the AM..then ill be in the woods by 3pm till dark. wanna get there early. my buddy missed his buck at 10am sat. kind of sort of a wierd time for a buck to be moving IMO...so im going to sit in the orchard a while too..probably till 10 or 11..

germ...awesome doe!! think i may have to do the same to get some of that awesome looking venison in the freezer before the rut. the last 2 weeks i wanna buck hunt. and want meat in the freezer before then...see what happens tomarrow..weather looks GOOD..
Old 10-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Germ, I'm betting they were awesome. I'm not a potatoe kind of guy, I'm more of a meat and beer guy, no carbs...lol But I love mushrooms and garlic and a ton of butter. Good thing I'm in pretty good shape...

mauser, good luck capt, sounds like a plan.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

and all was quiet in the orchard this morning. still sign of them using it hard. even spoted some scrapes..well 1 i cant tell if the others are scrapes or not yet...and what i think MIGHT be where 2 bucks went out it? nothing major..looked like a couple of series of scuffles...right near scrape. i know that hollow gets hunted hard in the muzzleloader doe season...maybe thats why they never showed today..i sat till 10. snuck down and walked to see if i could find a better tree. heard brush busting..dropped down behind a bush. couple minutes later a whole flock of turkeys flew across the hollow. i never seen turkeys fly for no reason..too far off to see or hear me. they flew over there and were feeding away. another week and some days for them!

heading back out now...guys im going to the woods where i been hunting. i know if i dont then my buddys will see him spotting or coonhunting tonight right by my spot...dont want that. i want them to see him DEAD in MY truck. gunna swing by the farm and see what they been seeing too..be on stand by 3ish..

keep at it guys....im a persistant little bugger for the amount of time i have to hunt huh?? everyone tells me if i spend the time in the woods im bound to get some shootin in. sometimes i think they are full of deer poop......still hopefully...im not DOWN yet..i just REALLY want that nice buck at home thats running around. if i dont kill it then someone hunting with us the first day of rifle probably will and it will end up being one of the guys that INVITE themselves and never come around till the first day and they shoot one and leave..never drive for the rest of us or nothing..happens every year..i want him!!
Old 10-16-2006, 06:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Had an interesting night. Had a solid 100" 8 point, 2.5 years old 20 yards from my stand at 5:45.

I wouldn't pass it on the last day and the old saying goes I shouldn't pass him today right?

Thing is, I was sitting in the other stand, 200 yards away...lol I called to him and got the courtesy look but he was content on doing what he was doing. I'll see him again and I'd be hard pressed to let him walk. I wasn't sure tonight, while glassing him, he looked good but lacked G1 length, had good G2's, good main beam lenght, High but not wide. If I have him at 20 yards, I'll study him a little harder and make a split second decision. While glassing him I could see my other stand in the view...I had to laugh and smile.

The only other sighting was my little pet button buck, I can always count on him, he feed in the plot under for quite some time, in fact he was there when I got down but I'm sure he didn't stick around, the leaves were so crunchy.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer
I wouldn't pass it on the last day and the old saying goes I shouldn't pass him today right?
Keep the faith bro... let him grow...
-fsh

Quick Reply: 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.