Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread >

36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

A second AMEN capt and it brings up a point that I think I'll make a post about. It comes down to this within our own team. Don't let winning this damn thing influence your hunt what so ever. Let's have fun first, I dont' care to even win this damn thing but I have to tell you this, I love this team and it's comradorie. I'm having more fun this year than the last two and I already want to hunt with each of you. Damn the contest, have fun first, enjoy the team second, enjoy the contest third and each other....PERIOD. Now I'll go off and make a necessary thread. Thanks Capt.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree gentlemen, please just bring on the season already!

I am just so tired of the stand setting, camera checking/moving, talking deer, watching the videos & shows... I JUST WANT TO SIT IN A TREE ALREADY!
Old 09-09-2006, 06:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Okay, I think I have this contest under control, alternates have replaced the MIA's. Now I just need all the alternates to show up...geeezz. I was outback shooting a little, man this new Bowtech shoots amazingly. Of course it's the tuning. I have field points, Snypers and Muzzy's all hitting in there.

I'm pulling my camera tomorrow and leaving the area untouched the next remaining 3 weeks. Can't wait.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Worked the 3d shoot at our club today, I shot great. My blazers montec combination is really flying great!!

21 days!!!!
Old 09-10-2006, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

rob..very nice work coordinating this whole thing. awesome job. going nice and smooth.

ghemry..thats good news! rob and i got less then 3 week to go!

i been kinda absent this weekend. i cant keep working like this and going to school. im totally fed up with work..i jumped through ALL the loops twice..cant take it. and they screw with my schedule just to jack me around. my buddy works at dicks sporting goods and said they are hiring. the application is going in tomarrow on my way back to school. im so exhausted i cant shoot and been relaxing since 430 when i got home. if they wouldnt screw with me and my schedule and make me jump through loops id be fine...but thats what i get for being the quiet easy going guy that works hard...oh well. ill move on. hopefully i can get in at Dick's..even if im cashier there itll be better then where i am and what im doing now..and i can nudge my way to the hunting dept. i got hired there once..but it fell through because i was 17 at the time. now my application looks even better being a year of college and about 6 months in retail already. i really hope i get in...and getting in their hunting dept would make my day. ill give up sat and sunday for that. i dont like hunting saturdays anyway! well see what happens. tomarrows another day...thankfully its one i do not work...man am i tired
Old 09-10-2006, 06:03 PM
Fork Horn

Nice work guys!

I too am shooting Montecs with Blazers this year ghemry, boy do they work well
Old 09-10-2006, 06:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ok then, let us both shoot 150 class then, we have to be consistant!!!
Old 09-10-2006, 07:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Atta boys, and the rest of us will score with bucks of choice and bring this thing home.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went to Algonquin Park yesterday(saturday) to take some pics of moose and bear,needless to say we didn't see any but we had a great time and alot of pics on scenery.Hopefully soon I will be able to post the pics,absolutely beautiful lookouts and scenery.
I think I am ready for bow opener now
I am heading to Bass Pro Shop next saturday also with 6 of my buds,7 guys in a caravan for a 4 hour trip one way,should be fun---lol.
Looking to buy a new set of boots and a body harness(vest style) for my tree stands.
Working afternoons this week so should be able to get on alot---lol
Come on October 1
Old 09-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

extreme..have fun on your trip! sounds like it should be a good time!

well guys....im almost 100% rigged and ready today. purchased my Summit Viper SS saturday. found out i was missing 1 out of 4 buckles for the seat..summit is rushing one here. no biggie..glad i noticed before the season though! seems to be a very nice stand. i didnt really get to climb with it yet. i put it on a tree in my front yard and set it up and climbed up one set. very comfy..easy and nice to pack. not heavy...i think ill be happy with it. hopefully the buckle is here by the weekend and i can take it out my buddys and shoot from it this weekend. im glad they sent a DVD with it..i would never been able to figure out all the ropes that came with it! lol. i like the idea of the rope holding the platform and stand together..my buddy had his platform drop and had to schimmy down the tree in the dark..then used his platform and arms to climb back up to get the top half. cant wait for the season. last night i set up my "poor mans 3d"(a cadrboard deer cutout lol) and walked around all over the backyard shooting my muzzys. alls i gota say is im gunna feel like a fool when i miss! i dont know the distances of my backyard when i walk around like that...but i shot out to 40yds and smoked the target every time.

also got permission to hunt a fruit orchard today. the guy was more thrilled then i was. he said theres more deer there then EVER. he said buy as many tags as i can and keep taking them down. passed expiriences tell me 2 things. the wind should almost always be perfect..it blows from the river up the valley through the thicket and up through the orchard..and the deer feed on the fruit when the pressure is on. bow pressure is HARD back there. the guys come in the bottom and hunt the oaks. the deer bed in a NASTY NASTY thicket inbetween the orhacard and where the other guys come in and they know the other guys are there the second they step out of their cars. the thicket edge is also the end of the orchard. theres like 10 diffrent types of apples, pears, peaches etc...i cant wait..that should be an awesome evening stand. might be a little slow till late evening but ill get in there early so i dont spook any. im excited.

Quick Reply: 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.