Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread >

36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Is it the same arrow each time? Perhaps non aligned insert on that one particular arrow?
Old 09-27-2006, 07:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

hillbilly scored on a buck rob will like!! team 35 is on the board! i cant believe how slow the bucks been coming in! like 1 a week. theres alot of seasons open it seems. oh well! first place is still ours..most of us havent started hunting yet!

tick.........tock......tick........tock....my clock seems slower..maybe coz im bored! tomarrow should zip by though. i got a 8-11am class..actually field trip on "reading the forested landscape" in the rainnnn..then a park ranger club meeting...guess i might as well get my name on the rooster and see what that shindig is all about(im not a group/club kinda guy...just another distraction!) then a class at 2 and 330..ill be home around 6pm....throw a couple arrows downrange before dark..work 7-2 friday and itll be friday evening and ill be packin the truck before i know it!! i cant wait
Old 09-27-2006, 08:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Is it the same arrow each time? Perhaps non aligned insert on that one particular arrow?
No I tried 6 different arrows, one shoots to the left, the rest are high. No big deal I have a dozen fletch with blazers and feathers. Just weird how they fly with broadsheads on them. I can see the arrow shoot up, and the one to the left.

I really wanted shoot them, but I will have feathers again, arg.

I think I may be a touch under spined, I am right on the edge. After the season I am going try the 55-70 in Terminator Hunter.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:56 AM
Dominant Buck

I drew down on a nice, fat doe, last night.....but I didnt think I had sufficient light. Not an ethical shot.

I either saw 2......3......5....8....or 10Deer, last night....lol.

Long story......but I saw 2 go by the other end of the opening.......20 minutes later......3 return..........(so have I seen 2?, 3? or 5?)........and later 5 came into the field to feed.

Makes my head hurt......but I'm still seeing deer.

I may go in a bit later this Saturay.....and sit the entire afternoon out. Have you guys ever done this early in the season (skip a morning.....go in the middle of the morning)?

Good luck getting ready guys. I'm pulling for all of you!

Jeff
Old 09-28-2006, 07:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Great SB nice to hear you are seeing deer, only a matter of time now.
Feathers are shooting great out of my ROSS
I tried the Blazers out of my Mq1 and they are perfect
My Bowtech shoots them sameway as my ROSS
My Hoyt shoots them the same way also.
I think I am just a tad underspined, why my MQ1 shoots them fine(slowest bow).

I am going to shoot feathers and use my ROSS this year. I am really shooting this bow well. In Dec I am going to order the 34, but we will have to see. ROSS has a new bow coming out in October!!!
Old 09-28-2006, 07:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

ghemry, must be spine, the Mathews has the weakest cam system, thus the smooth draw and slower bow, that's got to be it when your coming out of the more extreme cams of the others.

SBG, you seeing deer, that's fantastic and when the does are there, the bucks will be.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Rob 2 days and you are in the woods, 3 for me!!

Been shooting at lunch here at work!! Going to go today also!!!!!

I got my X-scent base layer and socks last night, I will have X-Scents and Scent-Lok on this year.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Opening day weather Oct 1st
41 for low
61 high
Wind WNW

I will be in Cherry Tree Stand or My South stand!! Both great stands, I shot the 8 last year at south stand, and killed both doe's at the cherry tree.
7:32 AM Sunrise I can shoot at 7:02 AM in in the tree at 5:30 AM
Old 09-28-2006, 07:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Have you guys ever done a middle of the day thing? I've sat for most of the day.....but not all day, before.

I'm thinking of sleeping in until about 9:30.....then slipping in a little deeper into the woods than I've been going. What's your opinions? Is it too early to be TOTALLY shaking things up? I'v enever hunted mid-day, before. Just being honest.

Jeff
Old 09-28-2006, 07:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've done the all day thing many times, in the stand dark to dark. In my observances I see deer up to 11:00 and then usually nothing until late afternoon. I have seen deer in the 1:00 time frame. Deer are still in their summer patterns and it's usually a morning and evening moving time. I do have bucks in my food plot at 2:00 however.

The rut is the time to stay in the stand all day.

Quick Reply: 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.