Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 21 - Team "The DEERmenators" Official Thread >

21 - Team "The DEERmenators" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

21 - Team "The DEERmenators" Official Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 21 - Team "The DEERmenators" Official Thread

Just posted my Kansas buck on the score card boy...promise kept. The whole story is on the bowhunting forum. I could only stretch him to 173 7/8ths. We're moving on up there fellas...keep at it.

Kel
Old 11-03-2006, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

KCison-congrats, great Deer. Now if I can bust my Iowa Buck we should be getting 1st place sewed up.

TEAM CAPTAIN-they want you to vote on a situation concerning the contest-ONLY TEAM CAPTAINS.

I will be hitting it hard starting Monday-the world is going on hold until I fill my Buck Tag.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:29 PM

Kelly, congrats on that monster! Wow...

Okay guys, I PMed Rob. Just wanted to get your feedback as I believe in democracy on a team.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:59 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry fellers, went out this am, 26ºF. Beautiful. Had a nice 1.5-2.5yr 6 or 8 point come in right at daybreak, all i could see was him and the fact he was outside his ears with some tines on top (gotta be a "mature" buck per landowner). Anyways, he was practically running into my doe estrus, he went behind a tree i drew back and bam, he wasnt behind the tree any longer. Gone.[:'(] However, we have been 7 or 8 times to this place and have seen bucks each time.

A little while later I took a shot on a smaller but respectable buck and misjudged the distance, shot right under him. that youngin literatally ran to that scent wick i had out

They're in Rut in NYS.

Later my buddy saw 2 spike one on a does butt out of that same stand. Ill be back!
Old 11-06-2006, 08:54 AM

Kel, that's one awesome buck! Congrats!

I'm sorry guys but I didn't go out this past weekend. I was sick as a dog (what does that really mean anyway?) on Friday and didn't set my alarm correctly on Saturday. [:@] I have a scouted an area with really good sign of a dominate buck but I know a few other hunters know about it also. Hopefully I can get a chance at him first. I will be out this Friday trying again.

Old 11-06-2006, 09:44 AM

Good luck G2, MDManic and everyone else. And again, dang Kelly that is a bruiser.

Bowhunted this weekend during gun opener. I saw 8 does within 20 yards at different times but they never stopped running. Otherwise, nothing. The good news is, no shots were fired within miles. I'm not trying to spoil it for the gun hunters. Just thinking that the deer probably don't feel as pressured as they would have if they had been chased by slugs all weekend. Anyway, four more days of gun season next weekend through Tuesday and then the woods will be silent again. Hopefully things will settle down for bowhunting.

I counted 17 deer in the alfalfa field near our woods Saturday night. So they're there. Just very, very smart.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:54 AM

I say let the other pictures in. It's all for fun.

Last week here in PA. Deer are on the move and I'm seeing just not a legal one (antler restrictions). I'm hitting it pretty heavy this week before and after work.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:56 PM

Wow, nice buck Kel!

Sorry everyone for not posting in awhile, Ive been really busy with work lately. Ummm, as for the mount Im getting a full body. Good luck to everyone out there trying to get a deer.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Passed on another 6 this am at 10 yards WITH a yearling Doe.
Passed 2 sixes, Forky & several Does but the Does will be fair game now. I have seen 4 real good Bucks but not closer than 70 yards.
Saw a Dandy this Am-heavy massed 8, outside the ears-alone-80 yards, couldn't get him any closer. Back out this afternoon. I have till Dec. 1st gun opener. Good Luck fellas.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:21 PM

Hey guys. Took Friday off and hunted all day before second gun season. No deer within range but lots of movement. Saw a few bucks chasing does hard and then they bedded down all day. Too chicken to creep in on and try an ambush so I waited and nothing happened.

Saturday was opening morning of our secong gun season (first was previous weekend and slow- didn't hear a shot fired within miles).Anyway, I decided to try and take a doe. She spotted me from about 40 yards but kept coming in and I had one chance to draw. She then kept her eyes on my constantly as she closed in to 25 when she stopped and started feeding. I released the arrow and it skimmed right under her belly. In the heat of the moment, I had fogotten to compensate with my pin (shooting one pin). She then bolted and started screeching and sent the high alert out to the entire woods. [:@]After that fawns in range and running deer all weekend. Neighbors did some drives and must have fired 24 rounds in 10 minutes one time on Saturday. After that it quieted down a lot. This morning I saw nothing.

Our second gun season ends Tuesday, so I'm putting the trail camera back out and taking a break until probably Thanksgiving. Hopefully, the deer will start easing up a bit.

Good luck everyone!

Quick Reply: 21 - Team "The DEERmenators" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.