Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 21 - Team "The DEERmenators" Official Thread >

21 - Team "The DEERmenators" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

21 - Team "The DEERmenators" Official Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 21 - Team "The DEERmenators" Official Thread

Went on stand at 2pm. 4pm 2 Does came into the thick stuff & bedded 25 yards from me. 4:30 they get up & walk out in the open at 25 yards.
1 arrow later & 20 yards fromwhere the arrow passed through (Dbl. Lung)she dropped.
This is me && my 2 youngest girls. Came back to get the jeep& they came along to help. No blood trailin today. She is a very good sized Doe & I will have the locker weigh her in the morning. Other than a couple logs of summer sausage I am donating this one to a needy family.
Just as I climbed down I had a 8 pointer come over the hill to my stand-got some video of him but he was still not a shooter for me.
This Doe is the 1st Deer of my FIFTIETH year of Bowhunting. I shot my 1st arrow(EVER) at a Deer in Northern Illinois in Oct. of 1956.
I still have a couple antlerless tags & my ONE BUCK tag to go.
Good Luck fells.

Old 11-13-2006, 03:02 PM

Congrats ahunter55! Great story and nice you could have your girls along to recover it. Very cool!
Old 11-13-2006, 04:07 PM

Congrats on the fine doe.
Our season ended Saturday. For the first time in many, many years I did not see a legal buck. Saw a fair amount of dinks so next year should be pretty good in theory.

I might be using the bow during the gun season. I imagine that would still count, right?
Old 11-16-2006, 06:43 PM

As long as itis a legally taken buck it should! We can take deer by bow during gun season here too. But some states don't allow it. Not sure why?

How's everyone doing? Really slow here. Deer went nocturnal after gun season but at least there are a lot left. I've noticed last year they were out in the late afternoon feeding a lot in December so I'm in a stage of trying to pattern their winter routines now.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am seeing Bucks on a regular basis-I have only seen one WITH a Doe.
I had a shooter pretty close yesterdayafternoon but no shot. I have seen him 3 different times now. 2 other dandies running the same area.
Our gun season opens Dec. 1st so I have time but then it ends in Jan. so plenty of time.. Good Luck to all.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:36 AM

If I didn't have bad luck this season, I wouldn't have any luck at all.

The bucks have been chasing does for the past 2-1/2 weeks. If I'm in one stand, the run around one of the other stand sites. If I move, the run around where I just was. [:@] I haven't had a shooter come within range yet this year. There has been a big 10 point and a nice 8 point running them around. Guess I will just have to see what happens this Friday/Saturday.

Good luck to everyone else.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am having similar luck with decent Bucks. I have passed (20 yds. & less)
1 that would score 60, another about 80 & twothat may go 110. I have also passed on several Does-I was at full draw on a nice Doe 2 days ago at about 20 feet WISHING my Daugher was with me. So, I let her go as my Daughter & I are going out today.
Good Luck to those that have time left. I "DON'T" want to be out there in late season freezin this old butt off-turned 65 today.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:39 AM

Happy Birthday!

Old 11-22-2006, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

scrapes everywhere-fresh & worked-saw NOT ONE DEER.
Spent a quite afternoon with the daughter in the tree.
It was still a great time.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:24 AM

Well team, I need to apologize for not getting a buck to help us get a higher score. I need to end my season a couple of months early due to selling my house. Unfortunately, this is the first year that I did not have any "shooter" bucks within range. I really only saw 3 bucks all season that I could/would shoot but none were within bow range.

Good luck to everyone that hasn't tagged out yet. I will still be on the forums, just not in the woods.

Quick Reply: 21 - Team "The DEERmenators" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.