Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 21 - Team "The DEERmenators" Official Thread >

21 - Team "The DEERmenators" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

21 - Team "The DEERmenators" Official Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 10:20 PM

Default RE: 21 - Team "The DEERmenators" Official Thread

and another, oh yeah, the taxidermist said that he was a two year old buck, where he was hiding, i have no clue.

Old 10-27-2006, 10:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

WOW
Thats quite a trophy you got there , never seen one like that in my neck of the woods.
Are you gonna have a full body mount ?
Congrats .
Old 10-28-2006, 08:10 AM

Great job ddlyrfl3306! That's a cool looking buck. I have only seen one pie-bald in my state and that was in a check-in station. I never seen one in
the wild. Your's is about the same size as my first buck and I wouldn't trade him for anything.

Now we are finally on the scoreboard! WOO HOO!

Everyone needs to realize that the team with the highest total score wins. It doesn't matter if your buck scores 60 or 160. Well, I guess it would if everyone entered a buck but I havent' seen a team do that yet. My point is that a 60 class buck is better than no buck at all. My team last year only had 3 deer entered. Everyone was holding out for the monster they had been seeing and never got a buck. Once again, great job on your first buck ddlyrfl3306.

As for my day yesterday, well my luck wasn't that good. In the morning, I say a doe being chased by a large bodied 4 pointer. Got down around 10:45 and scouted the area. Found a real promising area with lots of sign of a big buck. Went back out around 2pm. It had just started to rain. Around 5pm, I had a scrappy 5 pointer walk around an bed down about 25 yards away. The minimum points for this area is 6. So I watched him for a while and then he left. I got down around 6pm and proceded to get lost in a 100 square yard area of unfamilliar woods. LOL! Walked into a barbed wire fence in the dark and tore a hole in my brand new Gore-Tex pants. [:@] Anyway, I will be back to that spot when that area opens again.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: ddlyrfl3006

Then he went in the woods and presented me with a 40 yard shot and just as I was about to pull back again, he stumbled a bit, so I thought that I may have hit him and decided not to take the shot.
Congratulations on a deer of a lifetime, unless your extrememly lucky.

Now on your quote, if you know you hit an animal, never pass an opportunity to get another arrow in them. Your hit could have turned out much worse than it did and you might have missed a real opportunity.

Again, congrats, is there any chance you can shrink your photo in the contest thread?
Old 10-29-2006, 06:40 PM

Congrats on such a beautiful and unique buck!!! Wow. What kind of mount are you doing?

Sorry I haven't been on for awhile guys. Very busy for work - on the road quite a bit - and my son has been having a tough time with ear infections. Been taking turns with my wife staying home with him. Just got some new tubes in and his adnoids (spel?) out on Friday. So hopefully his health improves.

Anyway, congrats again ddlyrfl3006! We have points on the board and it sounds like everyone's been seeing deer. I have not been out more than once in the past few weeks and only had a fawn in range during the 3 hours I was out. I'll be out all day Saturday, gun opener, with my bow, hugging thick nasty cover that I watched the deer flock to last year to escape the gun hunters.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to snoop guys but I saw this trophy on the score board thread and had to see more, what a trophy.
I hope your gonna post this in the archery forum.
I had heard that piebalds had shorter legs and snout, this pic really shows that.
Congrats on a great trophy.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:13 AM

Congrats on a fine deer. Nice way to get this team started. 2 weeks left here. I working on it. Haven't had an opportunity at a legal buck yet but these next 2 weeks are prime.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on a nice eunique Buck. Okay fellas-he broke the ice, lets fill up & be that #1 by the end of season. I am heading out with the Daughter this afternoon.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:48 PM

Hey guys. Any thoughts on this before I PM Rob.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1773440&mpage=1

I can see why you would or wouldn't want to vote for each. Meaning on one hand, Rob said no exceptions to the rule this year period. Buy on the other hand, this is a contest for fun. We're not disputing some record book entry or something. Let me know by tomorrow morning what you think. You can even PM me and I'll PM Rob after hearing your thoughts.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:55 PM
Typical Buck

A-OK. Legit id say!

Quick Reply: 21 - Team "The DEERmenators" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.