Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread >

12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

No need to fear team 36. It's just between you and us now! J/K

Congrats to all of you that have filled your tags on some excellent deer. Good luck to the rest of you.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:26 PM
Fork Horn

Great pics team mate, way to go Duckdog you put us in first kid. Your story was great I loved the line "I couldnt hold the temptation any longer " I have been there !!!! Congrats on aa nice buck..
Old 11-08-2006, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well team I sent PM's to the others that haven't scored and gave them an update on how well our team is doing .
Hopefuly they will check in and post some good news on thier hunting , I'll be out tomarow and try to score on a big one.
My daughter had surgery yesterday and will be coming back home soon , I had to babysit the grandkids when that was going on.
Had to move my stand to a diffrent spot , the last timeI was out I noticed some else use it and mess it up.
They didn't really do any damage to it , just enough to convince me to hide it deeper in the thick stuff so they can't see it from the trail.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

thanks for emailing them. i was getting to wonder if they just gave up on us. and stoped visiting. i hope they can help keep us in first!!!!!!!
i hope your daughter recovers 100% rd. good luck
Old 11-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

RD, I hope your daughter is doing well. Thanks for emailing the others. Good luck getting that big buck. I was out tonight, looking for a doe, and ended up with a nice 115-120 class ten point buck sticking around my stand for an hour and 15 minutes. It was quite exciting, watching him lick branches, thrash trees, and make scrapes. He was very typical, and shows characteristics of a buck that was in that area 2 years ago. It looks as though those genes were passed on. Good luck to everyone who is still hunting!
Old 11-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey boys, Looks like team 17 dropped another buck. You guys are gonna have to tag one now, best get a hold of your mia's.....game on ..
Old 11-10-2006, 02:12 PM
Typical Buck

Well guys, they are on top again. One of team 17's guys shot one that scored 80 something, putting them ahead of us. I am confident we will get more, it is prime time, and as long as we hunt hard and stay in the woods, we will put another on the board. Heck, even their team is rooting for us!!! Check this out: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1654266&mpage=22&key=&#17916 79

I believe he was a little confused, but Jester (member of team 17) said go team 12!! I got a good laugh out of that. Anyway, keep hunting hard and good luck to all that are still chasing there Mega Buck!!
Old 11-10-2006, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well boys it looks like we are pulling away even more with a big 10 point downed by Huntingson. Keep at it, you might be able to catch us.

Oh and we straightened our teamate up about cheering you on.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hi Team mates
Sorry about not being on in a while , been out trying like you know what to bag a buck.
My daughter came home last Thursday , her surgery went well and recouprating thanks for all your well wishes.
The Michigan gun season starts this coming Wednsday so that means I'm gonna have to hunt some priviate land.
I can still hunt with my bow during this season with my Combo License , its just I don't want to be on public land with all those CRAZY YAHOO'S that start tipping beers before they go in the woods and shoot anything that moves.
I don't have anything against guns or gun hunters accept those who drink while there out hunting , to me theres something wrong with that picture.
I had to take all my stands out because some idiot was messing things up at each one so I just took them out.
Its a shame that I had to do that , never had that kind of problem before I wish more people had respect for someones eles property.
Still haven't heard from Holliday , orr2003 or hatchet jack , I hope there out hunting and put another MEGA BUCK on the score card for us.
It's getting to be a tight finish with team # 17 and # 36 tailling behind but the last time I look at the score card , we where still leading.
Well gotta go and try to line something up with my other bother - in - law in hillsdale county , he might let hunt his father - in - law's farm talk to ya later.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

I contacted your three mia's as well via email. I did get a return email from one of them, I'm not sure which one and he said he'd check in. I didn't hear from the other two....hopefully they are hunting hard and haven't forgotten, they don't know what they are missing out on, great team guys.

Quick Reply: 12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.