Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread >

12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 07:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

And aother

Old 11-06-2006, 07:48 AM
Typical Buck

And one final one.

Old 11-06-2006, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

WOW
Woodline thats truely an awesome buck with those split brow tines and thick mass though out the entire rack .
You really did yourself and our team proud with this one and thank you for wearing the team T shirt in the pictures it really shows team sprit.
CONGRATS on the great MEGA BUCK .
Old 11-06-2006, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

Woodline awsome pics and great story, he is a brute.......

Duckdog cant wait to see the pics I am rubbing it in to Rob because your buck I believe will put us in first...

We went out to do alittle turkey hunting today since we have a week off and no deer tags but they were non vocal today. We are going to go out in the pm to video our area and probably make us sick when one of the gients step out, but I figure they will only grow...

Bowhunter thanks for the pics with your shirt it makes me feel alittle better...lol

Old 11-06-2006, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

Man, I have missed 3 or 4 days on here and it seems like I missed a season's worth of stories and hunting. Congrats to Woodline, Q2, and Duckdog. That is great to hear about all of your success. We may end up winning this thing if we put a couple more deer on the ground!!! Congrats guys, and good luck to everyone that is still chasing their Mega Buck!!

Well, I took this weekend off of deer hunting and headed north to Kansas to go pheasant hunting. We had a great time, but didn't get into very many birds. We shot 13 birds in 1 1/2 days with 7 guys. It was really slow and not very many birds around, I think this years hatch wasn't very good. Still had a great time none-the-less, we saw a real nice muley about 300 yards out in a wheat field.I managed to get a couple of pictures before he ran off, but he was too far to get a good look at him. I will post some pics from the weekend, congrats and good luck to everyone, again!!

Old 11-06-2006, 04:55 PM
Typical Buck

still dont have time to post the story. i will tonight after i get back home. sorry guy. but here is the pic of the HUGE(not really) buck i will be using for the score card.
i will score him tonight for usas well.

Old 11-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good for you duckdog , nice buck ya got there too.
Now our team should be in the lead and were six out of ten that scored , its up to the rest of us to keep us at the number one spot .
Way to go duck Congrats.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:39 PM
Typical Buck

Well I just measured the rack and it scored 69 7/8. not as much as I thought he would score but I guess that’s how the ball rolls.
Well here’s how it all went down. Last Friday I was so excited that I was going to be off work all weekend so I could hunt sat/ and Sunday. Well then I get a call from my uncle asking me if I could come down to southern Illinois to help him Saturday cutting down trees. I felt like I had to say yes and I was thinkingI wouldat least have all day Sunday to hunt. I got down there sat/ and the "little tree job" took till 9 o’clock that night. Needless to say there was no way I was going to drive back 4 hoursthat late at night so I just crashed there.Sunday I left and went home. Got all my gear ready and headedout about 1ish.Got in my stand about 1:30. Time passed and about2 hours later I had a doe and small fawn come right under my stand. Then fifteen minutes later this guy shows up following the same trail the does came from.I knew this was going to be one of the last days I would be able to hunt but I thought well maybe I would let him pass still. I pulled back anyways for practice. Put my 20-yard pin on him and just watched him walk. Well then the buck had to stop broad side at exactly 20 yards away. I couldn’t hold the temptation back any longer. I let the arrow fly and hit him right behind the left shoulder. He ran off and about 2 minutes later I herd a "thud" and then it sounded like a boulder being rolled down a hill. I waited about 30 minutes and then went to find my arrow and the blood trail. Followed the trail about 60 yards and then the trail stopped right at the end of the steepest cliff on the whole farm. I looked down and there he was at the very bottom in the creek bed. It took two men a four wheeler and a winch to get him out and even then it took three hours before the was in the bed of my truck.
This was by far the most troublesome deer I have ever taken but it was all worth it in the end. And even though he isn’t quite a "mega buck" he’s was still a trophy experience.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:12 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats guys,you have really been on a roll,and putting the heat on team 17.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

duckdog, congratulations and you just rolled Team Mega Bucks into 1st place and as much as I hate to admit it with Q2 sitting next to me grinning, I'm happy for him and you guys. Keep up the great work cause don't fear team 17, CAUSE TEAM 36 AINT DONE YET...lol

Quick Reply: 12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.