Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread >

16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 07:21 PM

Default RE: 16- Team Official Thread

I am heading out in the a.m.! It is going to be 45 after about 90 this weekend, and we had a alot of rain! I will be on a scrapeline --one scrape with a new licking branch that needs to be revisited!!I will send my employees out on their own until about 10!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Holy Jumpinjeewillikers!!! Way to go fshafly2!!!! What a beauty!!! I love the color of his rack (and of course the size too[8D]). Your wife is to be given kudos for her photos, they are great! Outstanding!

By the way congrats on the caribou too....very nice!

Alright team 16 Underdogs!!! I am impressed. Let's keep the momentum going and ride this train home!

My elk hunt didn't go so well. Storm after storm pounded us with snow, I thought I might not get off the mountain until spring. We were the last ones to come down and were very lucky to get down. My buddy missed a decent bull that we called in but I never pulled the string back. I did call two young bull moose in to about 30 yards but of course I was not hunting them. Oh well that is why it is called hunting.

Our season starts here on Sundaybut I am way behind compared to where I usually am. Don't even have any of my lock on stands up yet []. I haven't seen abig buck here since last November if memory serves me correctly...We will see what awaits.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

Holy Smokin fshafly2 that's frickn awesome! Way to go man you rocked the board! I didn't expect to logon andsee this big boy!He's beautiful, unlike you and will help your team secure second place![8D] All kiddin asidecongrats bro!!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 07:19 PM
Typical Buck

Went to the TDM (trophy deer mgt) land (military base where deer taken do not count against MD tags - butneed to tag a doe first). Set up in a grove of chestnut oaks that had 22 piles of deer poop within ten yards of one tree. A spike came in right up to my tree and added the 23rd pile... back in a few days.

-fsh
Old 09-26-2006, 08:56 PM

Congrats fshafly, that is a beautiful buck!
Old 09-26-2006, 09:02 PM

fsh that is a huge buck and you have hopefully set the bar for all other hunters not only on this team but also on other teams too. I can only hope that in my hunting experiences to shoot a buck like that.

I was out on my hunt this past weekend on then land i was talking about earlier this year. We get up to where me and my buddy are going to hunt. We look at the field by the land and see 6-7 does out in the field. We set up the first night and do not see a thing. Hunting the next morning almost proves valuable to my friend. He stalked up on a huge buck. He said at least 12 points. He never got a shot because the land owner came out to say hi on his lawn mower... That night we get permission to hunt some different land. I set up my stand on the edge of a soy bean field. I am up in the stand by 5:00 and at 5:19 a little fawn comes in at about 8 yards.. we had 2 bonus permits to shoot does so i waited for its momma. she never showed up..... Around 6:45 i notice some deer in a field behind me. i watch them for a couple of minutes, but they start to head away. i think to my self "well stalking worked before...." I started to get out of my climber and the deer start to run my way. I quickly haul @$$ back up the tree. Once i get up into the tree i turn around to look at my field and i notice for the first time i have 1 doe and 2 fawns......then 2 does and 2 fawns......then 3 does and 4 fawns.... all withing 50 yards and they are down wind of me. OH THANK GOD FOR DEAD DOWN WIND E3!!!!! While i am looking at these deer the other deer that were running for me are crossing the wind break. AND ALL I CAN SEE ON THE FIRST ONE IS A GLIMPSE OF ANTLERS!!!!! He turns out to be a4 pntrfollowed by another 4 pntr followed by the spike and another spike. I have 11 deer in front of me and i am starting to think YES YES YES YES YES..... Bring on the BUCKS!!!!!!!!
It is now 7:30 and the does are getting very nervous about something to my west... The sun is down and it is getting dark fast.... One of the does walks about 15 yrds from my stand followed closely by a 4 pntr.. She gets behind some trees....i pull back.....she comes out in the openning i cleared.....i realease!!!! She runs and stops... We find her the next morning dead... Second deer i have killed with my bow this year.... My confidence is a mile high right now. The funny thing is..... Never hit one vital!!!!!!!! But she is cut up and through the meat grinder....
I feel really good after this weekend. This year bow hunting has been the greatest time of my life. I am so proud to be in the family known as bowhunters.
It is my passion, my obsession, it is bowhunting andI love it!!!
Old 09-27-2006, 03:44 AM

aww damn now hes got deer fever wait till a big ol buck walk by some days i wonder how i pull it of with all the blood pumping and the excitement all that practice pays off them does taste really good i cant wait till our season starts in 3 days but it looks like we have some funky weather coming it could hurt if it dont get to windy the rain might just help get the deer moving
Old 09-27-2006, 05:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Your off and running Buckhntinkg, keep at it, you'll get a crack at ole'big.

Our wait is almost over BuckhuntinOh, in a couple days we can get in on the excitement. Even though my early season usually starts slow at least i'll be out there!

I've been cruisin the back 40 just after sunset, seeing lots of deer, just not on my farms (that I have permission on). But close enough that it's in the deers home range. I saw a decent buck back in a soybean field. I was glassing him from geez..a good 1/4 mile away couldn't really ge a solid estimate on him.
I do have another honey hole that isn't visible from the roads. This area has it all acorns, out the ying yang, butted up against corn and cover, with a natural funnel connecting it all. It's an afternoon type hunt cuz the only access for me is through the field edge. I'm looking forward to Saturday afternoon for that hunt. Saturday morning will be in a stand on a treeline connecting soybeans to cover. I'm hoping to intercept a doe early on this one. The bucks cruise that tree-line when the rut draws closer.

I still haven't seen a real booner yet either, Antlereater, some decent bucks but no mouth gaping monsters. Hopefully some time in the stand will change this scenerio. I like to afix my name to a buck every year..like the Beatty Buck..the Hanson Buck..etc and hunt for him..but no Biel Buck has been sighted yet.

I'm ready mentally and the bow is tuned to the muzzy mx4's, the stands are all hung (except the climber). I still have to wash the clothes and boots..but other than that I'm ready.

Old 09-27-2006, 03:21 PM

Didn't get to go th eother morning--too much going on with work. I am headed out the door right nowto tag that big daddy! I'll let ya know!
Old 09-28-2006, 04:43 PM

2 days to go man i can hardly wait need some meat for the freezer

Quick Reply: 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.