HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 09:02 PM
buckhuntinkg

Default RE: 16- Team Official Thread

fsh that is a huge buck and you have hopefully set the bar for all other hunters not only on this team but also on other teams too. I can only hope that in my hunting experiences to shoot a buck like that.

I was out on my hunt this past weekend on then land i was talking about earlier this year. We get up to where me and my buddy are going to hunt. We look at the field by the land and see 6-7 does out in the field. We set up the first night and do not see a thing. Hunting the next morning almost proves valuable to my friend. He stalked up on a huge buck. He said at least 12 points. He never got a shot because the land owner came out to say hi on his lawn mower... That night we get permission to hunt some different land. I set up my stand on the edge of a soy bean field. I am up in the stand by 5:00 and at 5:19 a little fawn comes in at about 8 yards.. we had 2 bonus permits to shoot does so i waited for its momma. she never showed up..... Around 6:45 i notice some deer in a field behind me. i watch them for a couple of minutes, but they start to head away. i think to my self "well stalking worked before...." I started to get out of my climber and the deer start to run my way. I quickly haul @$$ back up the tree. Once i get up into the tree i turn around to look at my field and i notice for the first time i have 1 doe and 2 fawns......then 2 does and 2 fawns......then 3 does and 4 fawns.... all withing 50 yards and they are down wind of me. OH THANK GOD FOR DEAD DOWN WIND E3!!!!! While i am looking at these deer the other deer that were running for me are crossing the wind break. AND ALL I CAN SEE ON THE FIRST ONE IS A GLIMPSE OF ANTLERS!!!!! He turns out to be a4 pntrfollowed by another 4 pntr followed by the spike and another spike. I have 11 deer in front of me and i am starting to think YES YES YES YES YES..... Bring on the BUCKS!!!!!!!!
It is now 7:30 and the does are getting very nervous about something to my west... The sun is down and it is getting dark fast.... One of the does walks about 15 yrds from my stand followed closely by a 4 pntr.. She gets behind some trees....i pull back.....she comes out in the openning i cleared.....i realease!!!! She runs and stops... We find her the next morning dead... Second deer i have killed with my bow this year.... My confidence is a mile high right now. The funny thing is..... Never hit one vital!!!!!!!! But she is cut up and through the meat grinder....
I feel really good after this weekend. This year bow hunting has been the greatest time of my life. I am so proud to be in the family known as bowhunters.
It is my passion, my obsession, it is bowhunting andI love it!!!