HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 05:47 AM
GR8atta2d
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 16- Team Official Thread

Your off and running Buckhntinkg, keep at it, you'll get a crack at ole'big.

Our wait is almost over BuckhuntinOh, in a couple days we can get in on the excitement. Even though my early season usually starts slow at least i'll be out there!

I've been cruisin the back 40 just after sunset, seeing lots of deer, just not on my farms (that I have permission on). But close enough that it's in the deers home range. I saw a decent buck back in a soybean field. I was glassing him from geez..a good 1/4 mile away couldn't really ge a solid estimate on him.
I do have another honey hole that isn't visible from the roads. This area has it all acorns, out the ying yang, butted up against corn and cover, with a natural funnel connecting it all. It's an afternoon type hunt cuz the only access for me is through the field edge. I'm looking forward to Saturday afternoon for that hunt. Saturday morning will be in a stand on a treeline connecting soybeans to cover. I'm hoping to intercept a doe early on this one. The bucks cruise that tree-line when the rut draws closer.

I still haven't seen a real booner yet either, Antlereater, some decent bucks but no mouth gaping monsters. Hopefully some time in the stand will change this scenerio. I like to afix my name to a buck every year..like the Beatty Buck..the Hanson Buck..etc and hunt for him..but no Biel Buck has been sighted yet.

I'm ready mentally and the bow is tuned to the muzzy mx4's, the stands are all hung (except the climber). I still have to wash the clothes and boots..but other than that I'm ready.