Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 19-Team "Stax of Rax" Official Thread >

19-Team "Stax of Rax" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

19-Team "Stax of Rax" Official Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 05:55 PM

Default RE: 19-Team "Stax of Rax" Official Thread

We've had quite a strange year this year where I hunt. Early Bow I was seeing 8 to 15 animals daily. Mostly Does and forkies, so I just watched a lot.

The last weekend before gun season I got a shot at a real nice 11 point with nice mass, definately a wall hanger, and dropped my shot about an inch low at 33 yards, I was really upset with myself. I have never gotten a shot at a buck that large and may have gotten a little buck fever.

Went back to the range and put 15 straight into the kill zone so I know it wasnt my bow, I havent seen a shootable animal since.

I have been trying to get another shot at this White Racked Son-of-a-gun, so have been moving a bit now and then.

Then last week was in a new stand location and could see where my old stand location was...a nice well balanced 8 point went right by my old stand site, would have been about a 10 yard shot.

I need a change of luck, this late into the season I plan to pole axe the next deer that comes my way. Will try to keep you all posted as to what is up, still have a few weeks of bow hunting left after Muzzel loading seaon next week.

Good luck to you all, and a Very Merry Christmas to you and all your families!!
Old 12-25-2006, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going out again next weekend. Rob wants a list of MIA's so I'll check back and see who's not with us anymore. Please check in again if you wish to remain off the MIA list
Old 12-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

I'm still here...been busy with work as of late. I'm going to be getting out some over the next few days....been a rough year....it's the first year in 15 that I didn't kill a deer with the bow. I'd say my standards might be too high, but Iknow what I want...lol
Old 12-25-2006, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing wrong with high standards. I've let a couple small ones pass, but at this point there's still room in the freezer if you know what I mean.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:03 AM

yah ive had some high standards this year and i think that i should have shot some of the deer that have come under the stand. ive got one more month to go so i will see how it goes. good luck to all.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:08 AM

I'm going out tonight to see if I can't catch a buck moving before dark. There is no problem with high standards for some of you guys...It's just a contest, I wouldn't change the way you hunt.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sad news, I was going to go out Fri and Sat for the last time this season but instead I'll be at my dad's funeral.He passed away this morning after a long illness. Sad to say it but we're all a little relieved that he isn't suffering. The last few months he didn't even know anyone. He was 82. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and prayers.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

So sorry to hear that. I understand about being a little relieved. Remember the good times with him and keephim alive in your heart.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks!
Old 12-28-2006, 02:14 PM

Sorry to hear that Andy, my prayers are with you and your family.

Quick Reply: 19-Team "Stax of Rax" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.