HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 19-Team "Stax of Rax" Official Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 05:55 PM
Omegalover

Default RE: 19-Team "Stax of Rax" Official Thread

We've had quite a strange year this year where I hunt. Early Bow I was seeing 8 to 15 animals daily. Mostly Does and forkies, so I just watched a lot.

The last weekend before gun season I got a shot at a real nice 11 point with nice mass, definately a wall hanger, and dropped my shot about an inch low at 33 yards, I was really upset with myself. I have never gotten a shot at a buck that large and may have gotten a little buck fever.

Went back to the range and put 15 straight into the kill zone so I know it wasnt my bow, I havent seen a shootable animal since.

I have been trying to get another shot at this White Racked Son-of-a-gun, so have been moving a bit now and then.

Then last week was in a new stand location and could see where my old stand location was...a nice well balanced 8 point went right by my old stand site, would have been about a 10 yard shot.

I need a change of luck, this late into the season I plan to pole axe the next deer that comes my way. Will try to keep you all posted as to what is up, still have a few weeks of bow hunting left after Muzzel loading seaon next week.

Good luck to you all, and a Very Merry Christmas to you and all your families!!