Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread >

30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 30 Check-In

Well it sure is not going to put us in first but it will be cool to get above 300. Hell this is better then any team I have been on in the last 2 years. Of course this is the first time in 3 years I have even put up a score and that was not much.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey we made 30 pages. Guess we didn't do too bad on that either.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:10 PM

Got a doe early this evening. She was bedded down right next to my lock on. About 20 min after I got in the stand she got up. I took the shot right over 35 yards. Great shot and a pass thru. She went about 60 yards and fell. I decided to stay and hunt got a buck but a friend of mine shot a nice 6 not long after so we decided to look for the deer
Old 01-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the doe. So you got in your stand without her even knowing? That is awesome. Did you find your buddies deer? Post some pics of the doe. Always cool to see the success pics.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well done Pike! Glad you got one, and your buddy too. My wife is out today trying to get her first. She is hunting with a friend of ours and they are hoping to see this weird 5X2 that is out there so she can take that one, otherwise a doe. I think I may get out next weekend for the final weekend here in IL, but who knows.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys sorry I haven't been able to check in as often as I would like but this guiding job is keeping me extremely busy. Our archery season is back open here again in Missouri and I will be able to get some hunting done in the next week or so. I have a couple of good bucks located and hopefully will be able to connect with one. I did harvest a 163 inch 10 point with my rifle. It is one of the ones that I had in bow range ealry but they didn't present me with a shot for my bow. I ended up shooting him at 14 yards and wished that I had my bow instead of the gun but ooh well. you can see it at http://www.imbmonsterbucks.com/patpro.jpga true ten point. Hope this finds all of you well. Happy New year and safe hunting. Pat Ely
Old 01-04-2007, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great deer Pat! Too bad(for our team) it was a gun deer. Good luck in late bow. I'm going out this weekend as well to wrap up IL bow.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck Pat. Good luck this weekend getting his Dad.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks gentlemen. I had him at range in bow season but wouldn't give me the shot I wanted. Ooh well. I do apologise for not being around much but working for an outfitter has been keeping me quite busy. I sure hope you guys have had a great season too. I would have gone out today but the dang rain and wind kept me home.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

No worries pat, at least you were out in the woods alot. I had planned to hit the outdoors yesterday too, but the rain was relentless. I am going out tomorrow AM to try and get the jump on a BIG buck I saw two nights ago. I hadn't seem him ever this year, and the farmer hadn't either. He's a dandy, 160" range. He was about 100 yards from a tree I have setup, but I think I know where he is heading if past travel patterns for bucks are any indication. I'm pumped for the hunt and the weather looks pretty good too. I would love to crack a monster this late in the year, at least he got to spread his genes!

Quick Reply: 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.