Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread >

30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Glad you didn't get hurt. I fell 2 years ago on October 23 and blew my leg up. I got 13 screws and 2 plates holding my ankle together. Ended that season right as the rut was coming up. I had 18 of the next 23 days off to hunt that year. I fell on day 1. [:@]
Old 01-18-2007, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had never fallen out deer hunting ever before this year, and I fell three times. Never got hurt too bad, my pride was real sore though! The third fall was into a river though, and that really sucked. Glad you didn't get hurt though!
Old 01-30-2007, 03:33 PM

Sunday evening I drew back on the biggest deer I have ever seeninmy life(seen in person) I decided to hunt a stand that hasnt been hunted since early bow season. I dumped corn there sat. evening before I hunted and went back sun. evening. I had been in the stand since 2:45 and hadnt seen anything. The wind was wrong for where I normally park the 4 wheeler (It would of blown into the food plot) So i decided to park it across the food plot on a bridge that crosses a little canal. Right at dark I heard deer moving to my leftso i looked and about 3 min later saw 2 doe and a yearling. I started to stand up and saw a massive buck on my right I paused in a squating position for what seemed like hours till I could finish standing up. The buck went behind my stand and the biggest doe (the momma) went to the corn. The buck followed her while the other doe and yearling stood at the edge of the food plot. Here comes the crazy part. Out of all the deer theyearling spotted my 4 wheeler and started freaking out. she stuck her head out of the woods and jumped back in 3 different times. The momma doe kept looking back at the yearling and I could tell she was getting pretty nervous. The buck didnt seem to care and didnt see the bike. He started moving towards the corn and I drew back. The yearling was getting even more skiddish.My pins were on his chest and finger on the release.I needed him to take a little step (i was already leaning out of my stand as far as i could) The yearling bolted and the momma doe took off along with that huge buck. I couldnt talk the rest of the night. I was so dissapointed and experienced one of the worst feelings ive ever felt. I thought out of all deer it would be the buck to be spooked by a 4 wheeler, not a yearling. Good news is Im skipping my first two classes in the morning to hunt the last day of my season and I get to hunt 3 more times this weekend on a friends property before the season closes.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

That really sucks dude. I had a similar situation with a monster buck this year. I was physically sick to my stomach. But, looking back, I really treasure that encounter and it goes down as the best thing from this season. I know that doesn'thelp you now, and I sure hope you get him in the next couple days!!! Good to hear from you again though!
Old 01-31-2007, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Pike,
Sorry to hear about that. I don't take the 4-wheeler to the woods when I hunt because of stories like this. If I was to I think I would still park about 500 yards away and since the longest hike I have to a stand from our cabin is only maybe 700 yards I just walk it. Is it possible to park farther away next time. I do not know your layout so maybe walking is not an option. Good luck sticking that old boy. I sure would like to see some pictures of him.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:35 PM

The land is really flooded right now and that area there is a road that goes up about waist high so i had to park there. I normally dont bring a fourwheeler either but it was my friends land and it was flooded so i needed too. there were other people around me and i wasnt even really supposed to park where i did. my friend is on that exact stand right now so im hoping he can arrow that deer. (it will be his first with a bow)...actually i hope he doesnt haha. but i would like to see him get a deer. i told him to call me and i would come track it with him and clean it.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Too bad Pike. Did the other guy get him?
Old 02-02-2007, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Pike we are waiting to hear. Did you or your bud score?

Mike you are a lifer now. Congrats on over 1000 posts.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:31 PM

He didnt get anything yet. He did see 7 deer on the stand the other day though. One 6pt. I wasnt able to hunt over the weekend. I got really sick. Im still sick but im gonna try and make it out one day after school and def. this coming weekend.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear you got so sick Pike. I hope you are doing better now. Get out this weekend and double lung a big one for us. If we ever get Todd's deer scored we will be doing pretty good.

Quick Reply: 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.