Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread >

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

hey guys I am still around...I am done deer hunting for the year both archery and shotgun...both six points....I am now doing A LOT of Pheasant hunting here in East Central IL...Its been a blast so far I have taken about 10 birds myself...
Old 12-04-2006, 08:30 AM

Yep, I'm still here too! Turned up nothing this weekend also. I've still got another month of season left and a weeks vacation, so I'm not close to finished yet.

Good Luck,
Waid
Old 12-09-2006, 05:28 AM

2 more weekends before I can get back in the woods.
I'm starting to jones out pretty bad! Arrrrrrrrrrrr!
Old 12-21-2006, 08:59 AM

Well, since Christmas is right around the corner, I wanted to hear from the team on what they wanted for Christmas.

I told everyone to get me money. They were disappointed but when none of them are into archery and have no clue about the equipment, I could only imagine what would result after I gave them a "Wish List".

But I thought of a good idea and you guys can borrow it if you would like.

When making out your "Wish List" put in a few order form from the places you want gifts from, ex: Bass Pro, Lancaster Archery Supply, Cabelas, then fill out a few sheets of paper with the Description of the Item, the Price, and the Item #, Quantity, Color, etc. this way people can order what they want and have the order form to just fill out.

But in the end, I have found I really don't need presents anymore. Sure the unexpected gift is nice, but when you just go out and get anything you want every other day of the year, it is hard to decide what you want as a gift.

Either way, hope you guys have a great Christmas and ultimately, remember what the holidays are for. Don't let another holiday go by without telling friends and loved ones you love them.

Sorry for the cheesiness at the end, but I think we often get caught up in the "business" of the season and we "busily" rush Christmas away. Spend time with those loved ones and enjoy the day.

Dave
Old 12-21-2006, 10:23 AM
Typical Buck

Team Antler Mafia

Just wanted to say I actully got out for a 3 day hunt on a draw for rifle up here on an army base and took 3 does one morning and passed on another . Saw 32 elk and 16 moose and 100's of mulie does. Got my families meat for the year and am just now starting to walk good again. Was a shame I couldn't finish out the season on a good note for the team,and I am the worst one for pointing fingers at someone for not finishing what they started out to do. So I apoligize for not tagging out for our team ,but ,I truly met some great team mates,and that is all that really matters to me. Who knows maybe in the future we'll get to meet someday on a hunt. For you's who are lucky enough to be still hunting I tip my hat to you and wish you the best of luck. God Bless
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
Rocky

Old 12-21-2006, 11:12 AM

Great job on the does Rocky!

I'm still tryin when I get the chance. However, my boy has been wanting to hunt so I've been with him quite a bit lately. I do still havea littletime left so maybe I can still help out.
Though, out of the times I've hunted, I still have NOT SEEN a deer. I did have a deer bust me but I never got to see it. I made a stupid rookie mistake. I was setup on the ground, to the side of where 2 gravel trails(old logging roads) form a T. All of the cover around this area was THICK young pines sapplings about 8 feet tall, with very dense briars and youpon bushes amongst the pines.I was sitting there for about 30 minutes when I could hear something walking slowly on the gravel behind me and to my left. I listened for a bit and was sure it was coming my way. As I turned to position myself for a possible shot, the brush and briars came alive not 15 yards in front of me. Buck or doe, I don't know but it ran off blowing obscenities at me. I was disgusted but excited. I know it didn't hear me cause I didn't make a sound, it must've been watching me. Oh well, I learned from that one. That was the most action I've had in 2 years. Pretty sad ain't it?

Good luck to all!

Merry CHRISTmas and Happy New Year!

Waid
Old 12-21-2006, 11:19 AM

Sorry I missed you post Dave.

I know that Cabelas has an online Wish List. I use this for myself when I see something I'd like and don't want to drop the dime yet. However, your friends and family can go online and view your Wish List. And if they buy an item for you from the list there's an option to select, where YOU won't know that it has been bought from your list. Anyway, its pretty cool deal and some of the other companies may have similar.

Waid
Old 12-21-2006, 03:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Merry Christmas to all you men and I hope the New year brings you and all your familys many of blessings. It was a pleasure being your teammate and hopefully we can all make a stab at it again next year. Best wishes Chris
Old 12-22-2006, 05:29 AM

Merry Christmas to all of you team members!
I will be back in the woods Sunday morning for a few hours before i head to my sisters house for a Christmas get together.
My wife (a nurse) has to work Sunday so she won't be able to go with me[]
Monday, Christmas day, I will be able to get out in the morning also before we go to my brother inlaws house for Christmas dinner.
Tuesday I plan to hunt all day, the boss gave us all the extra day off!
Weds. I took as my last vacation day of the year so yes, I will be hunting on Weds a little too. Weds is my wife's birthday so I'll be hunting close to home so I can come back in and take her to lunch before going back out for the afternoon/evening hunt. Or I'll be cutting up deer(I hope)

I am still hoping to shoot a buck for myself and the team. I also have a doe tag unfilled.

All I want for Christmas is to find a building to open my business in! Come on Santa, hook me up!
Old 12-27-2006, 04:33 PM

I have hunted the last 4 mornings in a row.
I saw 0 deer![]
Well, except the one that was eating the grass this morning at 5:00am,in the cemetary I park by to go to the woods.
Next weekend I am going to NE Iowa again to hunt Sunday and Monday.
Time is really running out.
Only3 more days of bowhunting left for meuntil next Oct!

Quick Reply: 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.