Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread >

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 11:14 PM

Default RE: 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Motown, congrats man! I couldn't be happier for you. And I mean that. Though you may have passed on bigger bucks, you showed perseverance and continued to remain focused on your goal. While you didn't obtain your main goal, I feel you obtained many other goals along the way.

You got to spend time out in the woods, something many humans wish to do but simply can't, through a variety of reasons.

You were constantly educating yourself. Each timewe enter the woods we should be striving to educate ourselves. Even the best of hunters will learn something new, each time they enter the woods.

You were hunting a mature whitetail, no easy feat, especially with a bow. It sounds like you may have had him pinned, but lost out due to time. It doesn't mean you failed and I am sure you understand that.

And finally, you question what you are truly hunting for. I respect that, like I respect guys who have the feeling of reverence and respect for the animal they just killed. Cold-blooded killers should be locked away, for they often resort to unethical thinking and logic when hunting. They have no respect for the game they are so privileged to hunt.

190 + inchesdoesn't make you a good hunter. A"true" hunter is defined long before he puts on his camo and heads out the door with his bow in hand.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:17 AM
Typical Buck

Waide

Wow ,let's just say thank you Lord that your son has the interest in the game you love to persue. You get to have years chasing the game you love to hunt with your Son & albiet wife tooAlright[8D]
I have only myself and who ever I take.Family is 1st,but I do have the big guy from the sky along at all times too,lest we forget.for it was him who gave me the courage to get up after I'd had fallen.Amen. Waide all I can say is keep on trying and thanks for being a team member.
Buell, man I wish I had the season you get ,I might still be able to get out hunting if I did. Perserverence should and hopefully payoff for you bud. Keep up the hard work man,who said deer hunting was easy!!!!.
Bols, those are wise words from a young fella ,and like you said, time in the woods are learning times every time we step out into nature. Good luck to Team Antler Mafia. Go get'emmen, sounding like a drill seargent now. LMAO. God Bless
Rocky

Old 11-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bols,

Verywell said.

Rocky, agreed, the mountains are my church ... Great place to get close with the big man upstairs..

Good luck Rocky, I hope you get one your afterthis season.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:33 PM

Hey guys.
I am running a little poll on the main forum.
I could really use your input
Thanks

Old 12-02-2006, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just wondering Who is still hunting and trying to score for our team?
Old 12-02-2006, 07:23 PM

Hello [echo]

Anyone around [echo]

Hmmm.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:37 AM

It's shotgun season now in Iowa and I can't get back in the woods until Dec 24th.
Then I will have 3 more Sundays to hunt for that Buck for the team.
I have one day of vacation left that I need to use up by the end of the year also.
That will give me a Monday to hunt as well.
Hard to believe only 4 more days of bowhunting to go.
Then, the loooong wait til next Oct 1st[&:]
Old 12-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck to all you guys that are still hunting. We are still routing for you so keep after it.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:42 PM

Thanks Motown.

I can't wait to get back out here in the next week or so.

I need to atleast fill the freezer. I am not discriminating at this point in the season.

Buck or doe. . .it doesn't matter. I need to get my first taste of bow blood.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

hey guys im still around too. sorry i havent talked much, but i havent been on the computer for quite awhile. i will probably only get out three more times. but i guess that is better than none. well good luck guys and talk to ya soon.

Quick Reply: 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.