Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread >

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 02:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 23- Team Official Thread

does anyone's season open up this weekend?? i think that i am going to go scout some more ground on saturday for myself and maybe another spot or two for my brother. good luck to ya up there rocky, you better stick yourself an elk so you can show off some of your pictures. good luck to everyone.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:29 PM

I have another week to wait!
I have one more stand to put up and one to replace since it appears it was stolen.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Buellhunter

I have one more stand to put up and one to replace since it appears it was stolen.
STOLEN? [:@]

Man. . .why? Human nature really stinks at times. Our will always gets us into trouble, doesn't it?

Buell, hope you get that stand up in time. Was it one of your better [location] stands?

Hope you can get another one up and maybe on your way into set up the stand you will see something that you can use going into hunting season you didn't know before?!?!

One more week for myself. Got the bow shooting pretty good. Quiet since I put the string silencers back on. Put a new peep in and even ended up getting a light kit for my sight.

Either way, I got 6 sharp BH's and I am ready to sit in a tree. One more week!!

I think I am going to try and shoot some longer range shots sometime today or tomorrow at the farm. Just to make sure the sights are still good.

Gotta run, Good Luck, God Bless,

Bols
Old 09-24-2006, 09:11 AM

The stand was on private property. I can only hunt that side of the creek when i am hunting with Chris. He is the only one that has permission to hunt that side and can take me but i can't hunt it by myself.
The stand has(had) been in the same tree for about 6 years now, maybe longer.
There are others that shotgun hunt it but the stand was still there after shotgun season.
ATVers go in there without permission though.
I shot a doe out of that stand last year and have shot others in years past.
Larry, Chris' dad has also shot deer out of it.

Good news is it was one of our oldest ladder stands so we are only out about 50.00, so, 50.00 for 6 years ain't that bad.
I am going to Dick's on Tiesday and buying another ladder to replace it, they have them on sale for 60.00.
Of course I will also be buying a chain and padlock.

Today I am going and buying 50' of chain, cut into 5' sections and about 10 padlocks.
I lost a stand last year but the dumbass that stole it put it on adjoining proprerty that a guy I know shotgun hunts, he found it while hunting(actually sat in it) and knew it was mine. They have our names on them. He took me to where it was and I "stole" it back, during the late bonus season.

I really dis-like thieves. I work my ass off for the things I have. They should have to also and not just help themselves to my stuff.

Old 09-24-2006, 03:20 PM

Good news!
Tha laddwe stand i thought was stolen is still there! Whooo Hooo.
Chris went out and checked on it and his stands this morning and all is well.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

hey guys any luck this weekend? buellhunter how did you think that your stand was gone and then it wasnt?it is a good deal though that you did find it.

i have been out three evenings now and havent even seen a deer yet, besides walking back to my truck at the end of the hunt. hope things pick up here soon.

rocky havent heard from you in awhile. you must have had some luck. good luck to you all.

Old 09-24-2006, 07:41 PM

You better be working when you are at the farm BOLS. Just kidding, bwahahaha!!!
Old 09-24-2006, 08:45 PM
Typical Buck

I'm Back Home [&o]
Wellit was a hunt to remember for some time,but [:@]I didn't arrow one,drew on 6 but didn't get a legal bull to show up. The BC rules mean you will almost certainly get a pope n young bull ifalegal one shows up .
We called in bulls 6 of the 8 days we hunted and 6 cows too [:@]. Frustrating,yes,but a hunt I wouldn't trade for the world. I was in God's country and truly up closer to him also.We had sunshine ,snow,rain[:'(],and best of all we had great companionship.
If you ever have in mind in the future to do a swap hunt,ensure you get to know the person you will be hunting with ina personal way,that way you won't have any surprises.
I found my wisker buisuit 3 days later in grass as high as my calves. You can't tell me this was by chance cause the chances of this happening when your not looking for it are way too high. It was a God thing I believe.
Dave ,sure glad your ladder stand showed up, I know what it's like to look for a stand when the season opens and you say to your self I know I had a stand here.Good luck when your season opens bud!
Sorry Joel for keeping you in suspense with not comunicating for 2 days, but I got home yesterday and had to suck up to the wife to get back into the good books before I even tempt to ask to head back out to the field [:@]. I'll try for an evening hunt come Wednesday and try to keep in touch daily now that I'm home. About the only picture I have that is really a great shotis of me at full draw on a slope of about 75% on a 4x5 bull. I'll post it if anyone can tell me how to do it.Thanks
Rocky

Old 09-25-2006, 09:10 AM

ORIGINAL: youngfart

If you ever have in mind in the future to do a swap hunt,ensure you get to know the person you will be hunting with ina personal way,that way you won't have any surprises.

Rocky
Did you have a surprise or something???

Sorry you didn't get an elk. We were all pulling for ya.

Well, my season begins this Saturday the 30th! This cooler weather really has me pumped! I think I'm all ready to go. Do any of you have any reminders or tips that are easily forgotten about when the season rolls around? Ya know like; don't forget toilet paper, sharpen your knives, flashlight batteries, camera,etc.... We can NOT forget to take pics of our kills!!!!!
Old 09-25-2006, 09:59 AM
Typical Buck

WADE

The reason I stated that quote was in case youhaveneverdidaswap and no nothing of the person your going to stay with then a lot of unknown things can happen unexpectedly. I've done the swap thing 3 times and have not had a problem other than a person saying who he is than what he stands for!
Forgetful things[:'(]take your sfaety strap so your not tempted to climb up and in with out it.That's how accidents happen[:@]. We will tend to say I'll be really safe this time so I don't have to cancel the day's hunt cause of it. That's an accident looking to happen[]
Take care and God Bless
PS Shoot straightGood luck Saturday
Rocky

Quick Reply: 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.