Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread >

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 07:03 PM

Default RE: 23- Team Official Thread

Hey Bols, let's hear that idea you had for our Mafia logo. Keep workin on those tuning issues bud. I wish I could offer you some help but I'm still "new" to all thetuning stuff. I just got lucky with mine, I didn't have to do much besides moving my nock a little. That's one reason I use the Star Hunter rest. Simple and it works. I just haven't come across a fall-away that turns me on. However, I have been eyeballing the QAD. Another thing, I've never tried Blazers, but I'm seriously considering giving them a try soon.

Buell, glad to hear that you've found a possible honeyhole.

Motown, I hope your plan works out too.

I'll be back at my lease Wed, & Thurs, again this week. Hopefully my cam has picked up some movement. Also, after 7:00a.m. tomorrow I won't be back on the board til Friday night. Yep, another weekend of nights. Yes, I know I have a screwed up work schedule.

I'll try to come up with an idea or two for a logo also. Antler Mafia,.....hhmmm????

Good luck fellas,

Waid
Old 09-04-2006, 10:34 PM
Typical Buck

Well I'm Back
Hey guys I'll go with any name you want ,but I do like Mass Matters, LOL.Buell sounds like you got an entry to a possible rut magnet. Set up up 15 yards inside or closes to the water so you don't have to cross any of the trails. Sit there and don't move bud,they'll come to you, I have the same set up and have taken some dandy bucks from the similiar set up.
Bols sounds like you need a drop away or a wisker buiskut for your rest problems,and Wade I don't know what to say about your inlaws truck,chit happens bud , hold your head hi my friend.
I was away for the last 5 days flyfishing for some Rainbow trout with my kids,dang we had a blast and nearly fished out the lake,j/k.I forgot how much work it was in a float tube.My season openstomorrow,LMAO ,I can't believe it,I'll miss it too.Well I need to get my camo washed tomorrow and hung out to dry so I can get out by Wednesday. I'll be heading to British Columbia for a 10 day Elk hunt with a freind on the 14th till the 25th.When I get back from that , that will be the time I can start to justify time on stand.I normally put in 90 days on stand in an average year.So guys I really hope to put up some numbers for us as I let my team down last year.Hopefully Motown,AKA Chris will have the last man issue delt with in a few days and we can get to know one another. Good luck and I hope we all can acheive a personal best this year, LOL.God Bless.
Youngfart [:-]
Old 09-04-2006, 11:21 PM

Well, here is my idea, first off you have to bear with me and do a little search on Google Images. Type in the word "Mafia" under the Images Search. A few cover pictures of the videogame Mafia should pop up. . .the link below is what I am looking at for a model:

http://microgames.cz/images/krabice/38.jpg

From there, here is how I envisioned the "bowhunting" theme of it. Instead of the man with the gun, I was thinking ablack silouette of a bowhunter at full draw in the right hand corner. Instead of the redbuildings in the background, a set of woods (could be switched to red, or green, either way) for the new background. I like the "Mafia" lettering we would just have to add "Antler" into the picture somewhere.

From there it might come together and keep the "Mafia" type feel with the red, black, and white color scheme but bring a little "bowhunting" into the mix. Let me know what you guys think. It won't hurt my feelings if you guys think of something else. I just thought it was a little different then the other pics we have been seeing as of late.

A guy on HNI named Ryan Aller does some pretty awesome work. He could definately get it done for us. Depending on his busy schedule as I would imagine every one and there brother have been requesting pics from him. I used to be decent on Photoshop, just don't have the program anymore.

Good luck with the Elk hunt Youngfart, we'll be looking for some nice pictures of a big one when you get back.

TX, hopefully your trip back to the lease is a positive one. Don't forget to bring a block of wood to put under the rear tire this time.

Motown, glad you are okay after your scary incident in the tree. I am definately making some of the changes you suggested to my stand before I go out. Those dang climbers are nice but definately a little scary at times.

Buellhunter, good luck with that new spot.

Hopefully the rest of the team is doing good. Talk to ya later.

Bols

Old 09-05-2006, 12:13 AM

I'm liking that idea Bols! Another thought maybe, is to take out the buildings and replace it with aset of antlers onthe background with the black silouette of the bowhunter like you mentioned. The colors really don't matter to me because,.... uhhh, I'm color blind (or almost color blind). Cool idea. Like I mentioned before, I'll be out til Friday night so if y'all come up with something by then, GREAT!

Edit--To add to the logo thing. Maybe the overall shape of the logo could in the shape of an arrowhead.??? Just a thought.

Guess what! My father-in-law is coming with me to the lease this time and I'm sure we'll be in the truck that I tore up. I did make it right for him though. My insurance is covering the damage I did and I've already set it up through his favorite body-shop. It was kinda funny the owner of the shop knows my F-I-L very well because of all the work he gives him. He's always backing into something or ripping a fender off, heck the list goes on and on.

See yall later,
Waid
Old 09-05-2006, 06:40 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry I am late. Hope you didn't get a replacement yet. Been a wild summer and way too busy. I'll brake a lot come bow season. Thanks!
Old 09-05-2006, 06:44 AM
Typical Buck

Just thought I'd get the juices flowing with a pic of my second largest buck to date. (can't find pics of the first new computer)

Old 09-05-2006, 06:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Glad you made it mercs, just in time. Be sure to participate. Welcome aboard the contest.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:10 AM

Mercs,

Welcome to Antler Mafia my friend!!

We were a bit worried that we might need to find a replacement but by the looks of that picture, we are happy you found your way back here.

We only ask you to do us one favor.

Smoke another one this year.

Welcome to the team, enjoy your stay. This season is going to be a lot of fun.

Bols

P.S. Hope up here near Morris can produce like Princeton has!! I'll be hunting in between Morris and Minooka if you are familar with the area.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:57 AM

ALL RIGHT!! Glad to have ya mercs!

Yall take care, I'll be back Friday night. Good luck with the logo.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:11 AM
Typical Buck

14Mercs
Alright you made it injust in time bud. Welcome to #23.Good looking buck too and a great photo I must add,were all checked in and it's a go.Now it's time too kick some butt,let's go Antler Mafia!!!
Youngfart

Quick Reply: 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.