Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread >

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 05:37 AM

Default RE: 23- Team Official Thread

Good luck today Rocky.
That would be so cool to go on a hunt like you are on.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:49 AM

Good luck Rocky!

Keep up the good work and hopefully you will have some pictures of a nice elk to share with us.

Thanks for the reports.

Be safe, God Bless.

Dave
Old 09-17-2006, 03:21 PM

Got all but one of my stands put up or moved today!
I have one to move tomorrow, close to home.
I will then be ready for opening day!
Old 09-17-2006, 10:30 PM
Typical Buck

Check In Time Fellas

Well we got out by 7am this morning and got to the top of the mountain by 11:30 after spotting the bull we wanted. Dang this ole body is able but, for how many more days LMAO!. The bulls were calling till 2pm then we slept till 4:30 and started calling and locating till 6:30. We had 3 seperate bulls answering so we decided to pack up and go after the one.Man the side of the mountain wasn't to apealling to me ,seemed like it was straight down. We called and I heard a reply from a 1000 feet below. We kept it up cow calling and then we started to hear branches breaking as they were making there way to us. Heck what a site ,they got to within 15 yards and I drew and waited to see if he had 6 on a side but it was a sattalite bull. Then along came another that was a 5x5 and he pegged me as I was at full draw. Man I can not believe what these animals can run through . Well we'll be back at her at 4 am tomorrow. I'll keep in touch guys and good luck hunting and lets get one on the board
Rocky
Old 09-18-2006, 02:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck fellas! Hunt safe
Old 09-18-2006, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck on that Elk hunt Rocky. Hope all of you hunting are having some good luck. This cooler weather is great. I'll check in soon. Chris
Old 09-18-2006, 08:53 PM
Fork Horn

went out tonite guys, but had no luck. saw one on my walk back to the truck and that was it. i had the neighbors two dogs walk right under my stand, so that didnt help matters any. it was dang nice to be back in the tree though.

good luck to ya rocky and find yourself an elk. also good luck to everyone else hunting.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:21 PM
Fork Horn

hey guys just checkin in...I will be hanging a stand tomorrow and setting up a ground blind on the land I am goign to be hunting while at college....man I am excited it is my first year deer hunting but have been hunting ever since I could...kinda nervous but definitely excited...my opener is Oct 1st...I will be in that stand at 4 am waiting for the first doe I see because in IL you have to take a doe before you can shoot an antlered deer or so my buddies say... i have got one picture of a buck on my land but have seen many different sets of tracks so i know they are out there...
Old 09-18-2006, 11:17 PM
Typical Buck

Good Luck Petry
Well, we had a late start today but got to the location by 8:30, hiked 4 miles to the base of the mountain we wanted to hunt and started glassing the tops for elk. Right away we started spotting elk,was our best day yet ,saw a total of 3 big and legal bulls and and 2 ore satelitte bulls .also about 11 cows. The bulls started bugeling about 9 today and stopped at 1:30.Rained a bit while we hadour afternoon nap lookingover a ledge about a 1000 feet up, God was good to ustoday and enabled 4 cow elk to come with in 14 yards of us. Actually the one calf I thought was going to walk right over us untill he decededto follow mom. I drew thinking it was the huge 6x7 we saw cause he was with 4 cows. So I actually drew twice today[>:].Heck the view sitting atop of the mountain and the 4 cow elk with in 14 yards was worth the trip in itself guys.Seven days to go [:-]hopefully the good lord will allow such an actsuch as taking a life in lue of food [8D]. Well I hope everyone is good,I will keep in touch and I'll post some pics when I get back.
Rocky
Old 09-19-2006, 06:59 AM

Well Rocky, I have to admit, I'd love to be going thru the same "misery" as you right now. Good luck, I really hope you get one.

This past weekend I did get myGameTamer stand hung at my 1st choice area. I helped some buddies with their stuff too so I didn't have time to get to my other area. Also, I did have a pic on my trail cam of a doe. I think I have it setup a little too far away from the trail. I can tell the trail is being used but the cam doesn't trigger. I'll move it next time I'm up. September 30th cannot come quick enough! I'm SO ready to sit in that tree, especially on this frigid 70 degree morning here in SE TX. I've got that rut-like feeling comin on!!!!!

Good Luck Fellas!

TXMM

Quick Reply: 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.