Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread >

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 07:56 PM

Default RE: 23- Team Official Thread

That is the scent killer recipe link
Old 09-27-2006, 06:44 PM

My Enigma camo showed up today!
It is at my house in Iowa so I won't be able to open it up til Sat night when I get home.
I am pumped to try it out!
Old 09-27-2006, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Take some pics in the field so we can check them out. Good luck hunting this weekend.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

Dave
Thanks for the ingredients for the scent free spray,I apreciate that. Hope the camo clothing fits,specially if you didn't try it on before hand [:@].
Who's this DaveMols guy on our site? Is he a spare for the team? Any ways, I got out last nite and and had the rite wind and every thing going for me. Saw five does out in the alpfalpha as I walked to my stand . They were out early in the field at 4:30,probably cause noone is hunting this area anymore since I put up the no trespassing signs..
Didn't have anything till 7:15 when a lone doe came in to me tickling the antlers,then try and get her to leave[:@]. She stayed till almost dark and I didn't move a muscle so I didn't give my location away.Then I did the scent check thingy by taking of my scent-loc mask and she was snortin within seconds of me taking it off[8D]. So if anyone tells you scent-loc doesn't work smile at em and say your allowed your opinion. It works so good ,I have done this same thing umpteen times and have never had a animal get my scent yet with it on.
Dave, good luck again this weekend and shoot straight bud. God bless.
Rocky
Old 09-28-2006, 02:55 PM

Well Team, this is my last day at work for the week. You can rest assured that Saturday morning I'll be sittin in the GameTamer, hangin on the side of a tree, about 20 ft up! Yessiree, I am plum excited!!! I'll be hunting all weekend and probably Monday also. I'll be back at work Tuesday with a report for y'all. I hope it's a good one too.

I've been deerless for the past 3 seasons, so I'm really hopin to change all that this season. REALLY! I haven't had a venison steak or roast in I don't know how long. Oh well, we'll see how it goes I guess. I know that some of y'all have openers this weekend also, so maybe Antler Mafia will have some points on the board next week. I think I'm all ready as for my huntin gear goes. I know that my bow & arrows are ready and I'm pretty sure the other stuff is too. I'll be going over everything a 2nd, 3rd, & 4th time tonight though, just to make sure.

Good Luck Fellas!!!

TXMM
(Waid)
Old 09-28-2006, 03:25 PM
Typical Buck

Waid

Always remember to let the animal sucumb to his injury before gettting all excited about the kill and going after him asap.Give it a 1/2 hour at least and then really be carefull as you make your way down the steps from the stand. This is usally when most accidents happen,your in a hurry to see your animal and don't take your time comming down.[:@]
Also don't forget to shoot a few inches lower when the animal is close up and almost at a 45% angle.Hunters tend to shoot high and make bad shots then. Hope your weekend is great and wonderful and don't forget to hug a tree.God Bless and be safe
Rocky

Old 09-28-2006, 03:35 PM

Hey Rocky, Thanks for the reminders!
If and when I do shoot a deer, it'll probably be at least an hour before I'll be able to move. I know already my legs will be wet noodles hangin from my rear-end.

Good Luck again!

See ya Tuesday!

I'm outta here!!!!!!!!!!!

Waid
Old 09-28-2006, 08:02 PM

Rocky
I couldn't try the camo on first since Chuck is in Pa and I am in Iowa!
He has sold a lot of camo and I have bought a lot of camo so I am pretty sure we got it right?
I'll find out Sat night when I get home and check it out.
I'll put up some pictures of it in the woods on Monday for you guys to see it.

The scent spray,IMO, works as good as the store bought stuff and is a lot less expensive.
I used it for the second half of last season,after finding the recipe here.

Good luck to everyone this weekend!

Old 10-05-2006, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

I HAVE A SON!!! he was born tuesday evening and is healthy as can be. i have never been so excited and happy in my life. my wife is also doing great and we are so happy!! i feel like the luckiest guy in the world. it was unbelievable to watch him be born,you sure cant explain it.

i havent been out in the tree for awhile now and i probably wont be for a few more days. how has everyone else been doing??
good luck team.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:27 PM
Typical Buck

Joel

YahooooooooPraise the Lord bud,nothing better than a healthy little baby boy to carry the name on[8D]. Dang you must be one happy dad. Give your sweet heart a hug from the team,she'll be in all our prayers as will your newborn.God bless Joel and may he bring you happiness you never thought could excist.Hallaluya!!!!! For me,I haven't been out since Friday and won't get out till tomorrow,dryer has gone down and I need to get a new one tonight the wife[:'(]Talk to you soon.
Rocky

Quick Reply: 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.