Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 (20) Official Team "XX" Thread >

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Hey fellas - Cheers to another great xmas holiday in the books. Spent the free time with friends/family. Nothing too exciting. Got the wifie a Coach handbag and I got a $100 toward a new bow, which was pretty thoughtful. I never even mentioned wanting a new bow, but she overheard me talking to my buddy about how I thought I bent my axel when I shot my treestand. Honestly, I'll probably just spend the cash on her, b/c I really don't need a new bow, but the thought was nice.

My big excitement for the weekend: At the annual gift exchange with my buddies, I exchanged a custom hand-made potato cannon and an x-rated DVDfor a Red Ryder BB gun, a December '06 Penthouseand a bottle of homemade wine. Our wives/girlfriends watched in horror, as usual. Haha.

Keep your head upShedster - it's not easy, and it never has been. We both had a rough year man - whenour best shots presented, I shot my treestand and you flung your grunt call. Kinda funny when you think about it. It's not over, and maybe our teammates can pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Congrats on the Doe Ryan. I'm going out to try and fill a doe tag with the bow on Friday morning. It will probably be my *official* final hunt of 06. The swans will be singing when I pack up the stand around 10:30. I really don't even know if I'll shoot one if I see it, just want to get outside on my day off before we leave for New Years' weekend.

Glad you're feeling better Anthony - I had the bug too, but it's gone now.

Dave - you got schooled by the boys eh? Man, you're no good at air hockey eh? Maybe you should stick to deer hunting. Hah.

AR - how's the goose hunting been?

Mike - I have the video in my briefcase - just looking around for a box that will work for shipment.

I never thought I'd say it, but I'm GLAD to be back to WORK!!? I know... Weird...
Old 12-27-2006, 08:30 AM

I think the band saw has more to do with me complaining about the dog food bill and remarking that we have cull animals each year that we could just shoot, gut, skin and process into hundreds of pounds of dog food for probally 10 cents on the dollar for commercial dog food... a 300 pound old ram doesn't bring much at the sale barn but will give us 200 pounds of meat and bones for the dogs to supplement them.. Oh well, one day I will get that dang buck. Saw him again yesterday evening while I was driving by the same stand.. Going to get out again on Thursday and see what happens..

Old 12-27-2006, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Guys, if you ever want to watch a dvd that does an incredible job of stirring up the deepest emotions of why we all sit out there and hunt. I suggest Primal Dreams from the Wensel brothers. It should be mandatory watching.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fran, - HAHAHAHA...you always have a way of putting a smile on my face... you know your right. We both had our opportunities. My head islevel and I am at peace with this past season. I'm already ready for next season and gonna go scouting tomorrow. 2 inches of fresh powder today.

Anthony, - Best of luck on that buck bud! I hope you get a shot at him. Good luck thursday and I am glad to hear you are feeling better!

Ryan, man I have heard the same thing, I need to order that video. Those guys hunted for years just over the border here from me in Kalispell Mt. They moved to Iowa to for whitetails. Its funny how they and David Morris all left this big woods country for Texas and Iowa. Imagine that!

I talked to Hiawatha yesterday, he's already found two sheds! Dirty buggar..

Hoosier, IL and Big..... GO get a couple bucks killed.. Come guys.. Pick up the XX team! We aren't doneyet, we gotta go down swinging! Somebody be a hero!

I'll shave my head if you guys can pull this off!!!!!!!! (desperate to keep this team together!)

Have a good one fellas..

Old 12-28-2006, 12:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Goose hunting has been at a stand still for a few weeks, season opens on the 31 again and runs the month of Jan. I may have that new property to hunt for goose on!! That will work out great when the water freezes. I can not believe how warm it has been here. No snow, ice, nothing! I am sure it will hit us hard when it gets to us!

If we dont win this thing we will all have to find each other next year in our new teams! It could be fun watching 10 teams!
Old 12-28-2006, 12:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I decided, we need to lobby the powers-that-be to institute a new rule that permits past championship teams to remain together indefinitely.

Bring back the Elite Eight. Bring back XX. Give the whole contest a nostalgic, throwback feel.

Imagine if the '85 Bears and the '95 Cowboys were in the NFL playoffs EVERY YEAR?

I'm just thinking out loud here.

What's everyone doing for New Years'? I'm going back to deer camp with the wife and 14 of our closest friends. Leaving tomorrow, coming home Monday morning. Drinking beer, playing cards,sitting around the fire, shooting some fireworks, maybe even take a morning and try some predator hunting. Should be awesome.

Old 12-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Quick, I am all for that rule, I didn't want to suggest it cause its like we'd be throwing in the towel and admitting defeat. I've poked around some other team threads and I think that yappy bunch of "bros" might be looking to shuffle the rules some in order to stay together. I think past champs should be able to stay together replacing members if needed.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:35 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Troy

Sorry to hear your season is over. I was hoping you would pull off a late seasonbuck. You guys have a great team and are real champs no matter the outcome. Been a pleasure following your team's year.

Tim
Old 01-02-2007, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Happy New Year fellas. Hope everyone survived the festivities.

I had a great weekend camping, watching football (GO PSU), and fattening up for spring. I even made it out for some (unsuccessful) coyote hunting Saturday. Friday morningI went out with the flintlock for a doe, and I took a clean whiff on a broadside 30 yarder. Fssssh Booom! Sparks, smoke blowing everywhere. Deer still standing there laughing at me. Hah. It was an off-hand shot, so I'm pretty sure I flinched when the pan flashed and launched a ball somewhere into orbit. Oh well, maybe I should stick to bowhunting.

Hey Troy - how 'bout them Broncos!! They had me jumping off the couch last night. What a ballgame!

Anybody else been out?
Old 01-02-2007, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I spent a long weekend chowing down and adding an extra layer of flab to the midsection. I did get out and bowhunt Saturday evening. I saw a really nice buck that I hadn't seen before. I was hunting on my dads land, wathced him get up from a fence row and feed until dark at about 100 yards. He's a wallhanger, I have until the 11th to try and send one through him, although I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get out to chase him.

Who's season is still in? Good luck to the guys still hunting. The fat lady is warming up.

Quick Reply: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.